Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 152: Will Nintendo censor Fire Emblem Three Houses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 152: Will Nintendo censor Fire Emblem Three Houses?

Last Daily Poll was on Disney or Apple buying Activision. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...isney-or-apple

This poll topic comes from Star Magician. Fire Emblem Three Houses comes out tomorrow and I am pretty excited myself. From what I've heard the game has a lot of content and is reviewing really well for the most part. There is some concern regardless. Nintendo may have taken a free expression approach with third party games but Nintendo is pretty well known for removing content from their games during localization. Fire Emblem Fates was really bad in terms of how they removed and changed things. For me personally I enjoyed Fates and will probably love Three Houses even if Nintendo removes content in order to try and placate concerned parents and Western Media.

Check out the daily poll archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eZa5loUQvE-SI/
    Nintendo will censor Three Houses
    3.85%
    Nintendo won't censor Three Houses
    23.08%
    Nintendo might censor Three Houses
    23.08%
    I don't care or know about Three Houses
    34.62%
    There isn't enough information for me to decide
    15.38%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Well... I'm not 100% sure, but I'll answer that they won't censor. It seems a bit less likely to me. I believe Fates was censored by the Treehouse localization team. I know Echoes wasn't localized by them and I think it didn't get censored...

I just looked at an article, and perhaps I should have made my answer to "they might censor it.". Seems that the team behind Awakening and Echoes is not localizing Three Houses. It didn't say that Treehouse was doing it, it's just unknown at the moment.

Comment

There just isn't enough info to know. We haven't seen enough gameplay from either the Japanese or Western releases, we don't know who's localizing it, pretty much everything we need to have a proper answer to this question is up in the air or completely unknown. If it censored though, we'll probably know by the end of the weekend.

Comment

I don't own a Switch and don't care.

"We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Comment

I couldn't care less about nintendo until they tried to tax let's plays. Since then I actively hate them.
          Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
          Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

Originally posted by MadMummy76 View Post
            I couldn't care less about nintendo until they tried to tax let's plays. Since then I actively hate them.
            Thankfully that ended a while back, but they still need to fix problems with the Switch itself.

Comment

I view Nintendo something akin to like Disney. Disney owns Marvel and will do some "darker" content, but you won't catch Disney doing a full on horror movie with blood and gore.

Nintendo won't censor or will at least do their best to not censor stuff from 3rd parties, but I definitely don't see them doing a full on expression free game.
              i7 8700k - 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid - 120GB Samsung SSD (OS) - 1TB Samsung SSD (Everything else) - Kraken X62 - ASRock Z370 Extreme4 - EVGA 1000 P2 - Corsair Crystal 570X Black

Comment

I voted that they might, but I'm leaning towards yes, it will be censored/changed in localization. There's still the possibility that they've learned from previous games and from what's happening with Sony, but there are also a shitload of Nintendo apologists that will defend them because it's a Nintendo game. We'll see.
                Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

I don't know enough about this game I have no interest in to know if there is something I could see them censorsing.
                  Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

I don't think so. Nintendo is fine with some risqué material (Bayonetta 2, anyone?), Fates only got censored because of some prudish Americans. As a franchise, Fire Emblem never possessed graphic violence or was extremely suggestive, and I don't think Three Houses will be any different.
                    "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Course they won't - they've made a stance, and Nintendo do what they say, they always have.

There is a bit of an uprising in Japan at the moment, and i think Nintendo intends to be on the right side of it. And so they should. The JP market made them, they'd be fools to oppose it.
                      Last edited by DazoftheDroid; 07-26-2019, 12:50 AM.

Comment

They might. After all, they said they wouldn't censor third-party games. First-party games are still uncertain. However, so far I haven't seen anything in Three Houses that they would even need to censor. The character designs I've seen are really tame (and bland) compared to previous FE games.
                        There's no way to delete my account, so I'll just put this here:

I'm done with this site, and will no longer be a member here. Goodbye.

Comment

If they do I'm not buying Switch for Holidays. Dood

Comment

Played, haven't seen anything out of the ordinary so far.
                            "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Does anyone even care about that pathetic excuse for a Fire Emblem game in the first place?

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
                                Thomas_JCG commented
                                Editing a comment
                                How dare you.
                            Working...
                            X