Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 158: Did you buy Fire Emblem Three Houses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 158: Did you buy Fire Emblem Three Houses?

Last Daily Poll was on DRM. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...good-for-games

I got Wolfenstein Youngblood as a free bonus 2080 and I've only played it once since I've spent so much of my recent time playing Fire Emblem. I'm really enjoying it and I'm very happy with my purchase. I know a lot of people don't care for Nintendo or JRPGs but I'm hyped up over Fire Emblem so I want to do a poll about Three Houses after its launch. It's got fast flowing turnbased gameplay with a decent amount of strategy. The characters are super fun too which is a big draw for me with Fire Emblem. What do you guys think?

Check out the daily poll archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eZa5loUQvE-SI/
    I bought Three Houses on launch day
    7.14%
    I pre ordered Three Houses
    7.14%
    I bought Three Houses after launch
    3.57%
    I will buy Three Houses in the future
    25.00%
    I haven't bought Three Houses and have no plans to
    57.14%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Wanted to buy it at first, but decided not to.

I really wanted to like Three Houses since it's the first home console FE game in a very long time, but the more I saw of it, the less I liked it. I watched some gameplay videos the other day to make up my mind, and decided to pass. It has really bland and drab character designs compared to previous FE games, I don't like the new look at all. The house leaders all seem to be bratty teens who bicker constantly. The combat (which should be the main feature of the game) was boring to watch, with attacks lacking the weight and impact they had in earlier games, and subpar battle music. And to top it off, a good chunk of the game seems to revolve around interacting with your troops at the school, complete with a Persona-style calendar system. Sorry, but I liked FE games for the battles, not for some sort of social/dating simulator. I'm not going to sit through a Persona clone and babysit annoying teenagers just to have a real battle once in a while.

So yeah, the game is sadly not my cup of tea.
    There's no way to delete my account, so I'll just put this here:

I'm done with this site, and will no longer be a member here. Goodbye.

Comment

I'll eventually get it sometime this year. I wanted to get it at launch, but a few things got in the way. I'm trying to save back money, but I also haven't been all that much into gaming these past couple of months. I'm kinda taking a break.

Comment

I may get it at certain point but I am not a big fan o strategy RPG's (also the school part sounds boring to me).

p.s: it is not a JRPG

Comment

Originally posted by Balta666 View Post
          I may get it at certain point but I am not a big fan o strategy RPG's (also the school part sounds boring to me).

p.s: it is not a JRPG
          Well that's bull because it is a JRPG. It's made in Japan and is a tactical RPG game, hence a JRPG.

To answer the question, I did pick it up, and I'm glad I did. While it's true it sort of feels like the characters aren't as developed as previous games, when you only have a little more than a third of the total cast because of a few recruitment's, it's hard to say that all of them play out that way, and there is enough there regardless to enjoy it. Fire Emblem's quality is just the same as it always was.

Comment

• Balta666
            Balta666 commented
            Editing a comment
            So basically dark souls is a JRPG lol. JRPG is a genre and has nowadays nothing to do with the country was made. Strategy RPG is a separate genre like western ones are

• RepentantSky
            RepentantSky commented
            Editing a comment
            Dark Souls is a JRPG though, just with a more western style. Also JRPG's have sub-genre's, like tactical/strategy RPG's and action RPG's. Like, are you new to gaming, cause it's fine if you are, but don't act like you know more than you do if that's the case.

Hmm, maybe it's about time to get Nintendo emulator...

Comment

I got it at launch, no reason to pre-order Switch games where I live, too expensive to run out.

I quite like it. The combat is great and the visuals are good, the social element (Support) is much more refined and interesting than before. All in all, it was a good step up for the series.
            "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This game and Dimitri Alexandre Blaidyyd are fucking great, so far it exceeds PoR and 7 and is turning into my favorite game in the series.

Between that and cold steel 3 please more school rpg when yow're the teacher

Comment

Plant to buy in future Dood

Comment

I don't even have a switch. So, ummm, yeah.

Comment

I have no interest in the Fire Emblem franchise.
                    Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

First and only Fire Emblem Ive played was Awakening for 3DS. I thought it was the best turn based strategy game Ive ever played on hand held, leaps and bounds better than Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. Very replayable as well. When I eventually get a discounted switch, this will be one of the first games I get.
                      Steam ID: Saul15 Discord: Trout#3435
                      I love strategy games and coop shooters, lets play sometime.

Comment

I personally don't know anything about it and only heard of it this week. However, I have heard to fire emblem from the past and also never played those either lol.

Comment

Is it this same Fire Emblem?
                          https://www.bitchute.com/video/JK3ooPBULOY/

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
                            Thomas_JCG commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, but that article is crap.

• RepentantSky
                            RepentantSky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Agreed. That video is complete crap. Dude broke the NDA, you get fired for that, plus he admitted to at least most of these crimes, like abuse and such. People like that, get fired, that's how the world works.

Originally posted by Mellthas View Post
                          Is it this same Fire Emblem?
                          https://www.bitchute.com/video/JK3ooPBULOY/
                          Owning the SJWs by defending a sex pest who admitted the accusations were true and that he's indeed an abuser lmao

Then again he's using one angry gamer as a source so it's not like I should've expected this guy's IQ to exceed 40

Comment

Working...
                          X