Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 160: Should EA port more games to Switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 160: Should EA port more games to Switch?

Last Daily Poll was on Outer Worlds on Switch. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...well-on-switch

At EA's recent investors meeting Andrew Wilson said that there is no point in porting games to the Switch since most who have a Switch also own another console or a PC. This is true for a lot of Switch Owners but there are a decent amount of people who either prefer the Switch or it is their primary console. There is a lot of money to be made on the Switch but EA doesn't feel the need since they make obscene amounts of money scamming FIFA and Madden players. Maybe there is bad blood between EA and Nintendo but I think at some point the Switch will be too widespread of a console for the Switch to ignore. Do think the primary reason is that the Switch has a lot of focus around offline play and not being connected to the internet means you can't cough up more money to EA, just my opinion.

Check out the daily poll archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eZa5loUQvE-SI/
    EA should port more games to Switch
    14.29%
    EA shouldn't port more games to Switch
    28.57%
    EA should make games exclusively for Switch
    2.86%
    I don't care
    54.29%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

No. I feel like the general Switch owning public would be less likely to deal with EA's BS than anyone since there aren't a lot of games that are that poorly managed on the system thus far.
    Last edited by RepentantSky; 08-02-2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

/uj My money's more on the fact they still stick with the frostbite engine and it doesn't run well on the switch but honestly who cares I haven't enjoyed an EA game in years and Jedi fallen order (which is the only EA game we know so far that I'm interested in) will probably be better on ps4 or pc anyway.

/rj EA bad, praise Geraldo

Comment

All my typos are intentional
        I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

Don't really care about any of their games. I play BF 3 and 4 on the PC. I would never play a FPS on a peasant box.

Comment

I've always thought that the while EA vs Nintendo thing was funny. It's like EA really goes out of their way to be obvious in their dislike for Nintendo. It might be due to hardware limitations and online functionality. Really, I don't care about EA. For this poll though, I'm going to give a different answer. EA should make Switch exclusive games.

Yes, I don't care for EA, but they've made some good games that I really liked. Two notable ones are Nintendo exclusives; Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure on the DS and Boom Blox on the Wii.
            ????

Comment

I don't care about any of EA's current games so they can keep to themselves lol

Comment

My feelings that EA should fall into the world's largest sinkhole and never be able to be involved in the industry again aside, I generally hate exclusives and would support ports to all current-gen consoles for any game when it's feasible. Not knowing how much work that actually takes to do or how resources have to be allocated to do it is a roadblock to any real opinion I could have on it, though, as EA's #1 priority should be making the best games they can make before worrying about how many consoles onto which they could be released. But after that, the fewer exclusives (be it directly by some kind of licensing contract or indirectly by the realities of spending time and effort to port them) the better.
                Xbox Live: Goldnfoxx
                PSN: Goldenfoxx
                Nintendo: SW-5996-7611-3106
                Steam: Goldenfoxx / [email protected]

Comment

I voted "I don't care" because I don't own a switch nor do I plan to ever buy one, but it's probably a good thing. EA (and Activision) is in deep shit as of late, and will try to get out of the danger zone by implementing even MORE microtransactions into games than it has done in the past. Which will consequently make it sink into even deeper shit. And the cycle will continue until iDiots or Didney Wurl will buy them out.

If you own a Switch consider it a blessing your gaming platform is not plagued by this company.

Comment

I don't care.
                    I don't own a Switch and I don't buy Games from EA.

“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.”

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

Nah, I want the general quality of games on Switch to remain high.

Comment

I mostly don't care, I havn't bought an EA game since I don't even know anymore, certainly none this gen. Now, if EA wants to see money from me again, they have to port over a complete edition of the Mass Effect Trilogy with all DLCs for 60 bucks, a Dead Space Trilogy with Extraction added (I'd accept that as a free download for say 1 buyers) would also be nice, but their modern stuff can stay away from Switch for all I care.
                        Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

I rather they keep their greedy hands and idiotic brains away from as many things as possible.
                          "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I don't want exclusives, but ports would be good. TBH, it would sway me significantly to get a switch sooner rather than later. I dream of a Madden handheld game that doesn't suck ass.
                            Steam ID: Saul15 Discord: Trout#3435
                            I love strategy games and coop shooters, lets play sometime.

Comment

EA should just die. Most gamers hate EA, most people don't want anything to do with EA. Most people that defend EA are people that are addicted to EA. They will justify EA in the same way that a crack addict would. You can't reason with them. They are hooked.

Comment

Working...
                              X