Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 169: Have you ever been to a convention?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 169: Have you ever been to a convention?

Last Daily Poll was on Sony announcing the PS5. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...sx-or-gamescom

I just spent all day yesterday at a retro gaming expo. It was a lot of fun I saw a bunch of really old computers: Atari 1040ST, A Texas Instruments computer, The 1999 iMac, The original Macintosh and an Amiga system. I also played a bunch of old game systems: Atari Lynx, Sega Game Gear, Dreamcast, CD-I, NEO GEO CDZ and N64. I also bought some games and an PS1 for 20 bucks which does work. This is the EG but if you been to a non gaming convention you can count that too.

Check out the daily poll archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eZa5loUQvE-SI/
    I've been to a convention
    42.42%
    I've never been to a convention
    33.33%
    I want to go to a convention
    12.12%
    I don't care about conventions
    12.12%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Never been to one,
    Too many people in too small a space.
    "We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Comment

I have never been to a video game focused convention.

But I did go to small Anime conventions.
      ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
      Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Not interested in them, I generally dislike being around large groups of people.
        There's no way to delete my account, so I'll just put this here:

I'm done with this site, and will no longer be a member here. Goodbye.

Comment

I went to the Pokemon North American International Championships this year and last, if that counts. If not, I was stuck in an anime convention on my college campus because it was in the union and I wanted a sub. I regret my decision to stay for the sub, I think I would've rather starved than seen the sights I saw.

Comment

I haven't been to one yet. I'd like to at some point, despite also disliking being around lots of people.
            Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

I attend several every year... One is retro gaming focused, another is tabletop gaming focused, and another has a gaming component along with many other things.

Comment

For theater, anime, politics, Star Trek, and authors; yeah Ive been to a few.
                Steam ID: Saul15 Discord: Trout#3435
                I love strategy games and coop shooters, lets play sometime.

Comment

Since moving to the UK I have been to quite a few (including a couple comic con that obviously is not gaming focused)

Comment

I've been to couple, but I doubt I will go to another with the way things are going.
                    "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I never have, but I probably will at some point. Right when I moved, my hometown started having its own ComiCon with the big Uni here every year. I’ve since moved back, so I’ll probably go to that at least once.
                      All my typos are intentional
                      I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I've been to PAX West 7 times, though it has grown tired and very pc as of late. I've also been to a ComicCon in my area and at least one anime con. In general, I usually enjoy myself, though they do get repetitive and samey after awhile.

Comment

I want to go to at least one but have never been in a good situation to go.

Comment

I was about five years old when I went to this. My memory is a little hazy, but I remember bits and pieces. It was a Nintendo exhibit of sorts. There were lines of NES and Gameboy kiosks, each playing a different game. There was also a game championship thing (like in the Wizard). The only other thing that I remember was buying a Link figurine.

Other than this, I have never been to any other convention. I'd like to go though, it's just that I'd have to travel six hours to get to a place where conventions are usually held.

Comment

No, I hate large crowds.
                              Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Working...
                              X