Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 171: Do graphics influence your game purchases?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with they influence most of my purchases. I play some older games with what some would call "bad" graphics. But with older games it's understandable. Newer games should look good.

But I do like some good graphics and I won't lie. If the game looks really good it adds to the experience. I am a PC gamer after all, so performance and eye candy is what like. Though I do think sometimes developers overdo certain things. Like bloom and so on. I remember playing Fallout 3 for the first time a few years ago and saying to myself "I have never seen a road shine like this in my entire life".

I guess the only other exception would be indie games. Smaller studios that can't afford to make games that look really good.

But if you are a big name develop the game the should look good and play just as well.

Comment

I don't really take it into account often, unless a game truly looks awful. Also, sometimes I just wanna play a game that looks really nice so I boot up MGSV or something. It's not the reason I bought it, but it's sometimes the reason I boot it up.

Comment

The look of a game definitely catches my eye before the rest of the game has a chance to win me over. It might be archaic, simple, or cutting edge.

Comment

I can appreciate when a game looks really nice, although it never influences my purchase.
          All my typos are intentional
          I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

Occasionally. It depends what kind of game it is. On a tycoon/management sim type game or RTS graphics are important so you know what the hell you are looking at, and so you're eyes don't bleed trying to click on certain objects/units etc. (Isometric projection also helps..i cant stomach 2 or 3 point perspective in such games)

But on most other types of games im not really bothered.

Comment

Graphics? Not, not at all

Art style though, that might grab my attention, and make me look at a game. Doesn't make me buy it though.

Comment

Aesthetic STYLE over pure graphics ANY DAY ALL DAY!!!!!

Comment

I understand that gameplay > graphics, but at some point you have to hold games to a certain standard. Just like the Pokemon fiasco, they did NOTHING to signify that their new game is taking full advantage of the hardware it's currently on. I think it's fair to bash on them for having terrible graphics as well as them reusing models and animations. Eventually, I think, in terms of graphics, we'll meet a diminishing return scenario with graphics where upgrades in graphics just wont be as impressive anymore. I feel sorry for AAA developers who rely on flash over function when that happens.

Comment

Graphics only really bother me when I know it can be better. Things like demo versions looking better then the final release or switch versions of a game that could look and run better, but the effort wasn't put into the port. It's more the laziness or the scummy marketing that bother me though.

Comment

I agree with graphics being a game's first impression. No one really wants to a game to look horrible, but as for how important it is... Well, if looking at it does not make me sick and I can identify what I am looking at I am usually okay. That being said, some stylistic choices just rub me the wrong way. For example, in theory, I know the Lego games and blocky games like Minecraft are good games with large audiences. I, however, cannot really stand how they look so I do not play them. Just like with every stylistic choice made for a game it will draw in some people, push them away, or go completely ignored and how important it will be is decided on a case by case basis.

Comment

Working...
                      X