Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 172: Will Death Stranding remain a Playstation exclusive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 172: Will Death Stranding remain a Playstation exclusive?

Last Daily Poll was on graphics. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...game-purchases

There have been some rumors rumbling that Death Stranding will not always be exclusive to Sony. It has been removed from a list Sony keeps on their exclusive games and the box art in some promotional images lacks the only on playstation tagline that standard PS4 physical copies have if they're a PS4 exclusive. This could easily be a mountain out of a molehill situation but what do you guys think? If you even care about Death Stranding.

Check out the daily poll archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eZa5loUQvE-SI/

Also an announcement. I'm going to be spending the next 10 days or so in California on vacation with my family. There will be no Daily Polls while I'm gone. Thanks for sticking with me for the series this long if you've been reading my polls since I started this and thanks to everyone who reads, votes and replies to my polls I'm very thankful for it and I love seeing how you guys respond to my topics. It's always interesting to me. Have fun while I'm not spamming the forum I'll still be lurking so feel free to pm if you have something to say.

Link to new suggestion thread: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...stion-thread-2

Keep having fun talking games!

Joker
    Death Stranding will remain a Playstation exclusive
    14.81%
    Death Stranding will go multi platform
    3.70%
    Death Stranding might go multi platform
    25.93%
    I can't decide
    7.41%
    I don't care about Death Stranding
    48.15%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

No, it will be a playstation and epic store exclusive.

Oh, and I care about Death Stranding, care that it fails miserably, because Kojima is an overrated self infatuation junkie.
    Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
    Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

• Dub-Z
      Dub-Z commented
      Editing a comment
      If only he made train simulators.

• MadMummy76
      MadMummy76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dub-Z
      If he did make that the trains would ride sideways underneath the rails, and if you asked why his fanbois would say you're too stupid to understand.

• Dub-Z
      Dub-Z commented
      Editing a comment
      Conversely, you'd be foaming at the mouth with rage about it... for years.

"WHY ARE THE TRAINS DOING THIS!?!?! I DEMAND ANSWERS! What utter trash."

"Sir... this is a Wendy's."

Too hard to say at this moment. Would I like Death Stranding to come to the PC? Hell yes. Otherwise I will most likely never get to play it myself. I like the recent trend of Japanese console games coming to PC with titles like Monster Hunter World, Final Fantasy etc. They are all very good games and I hope that the parent companies also like the money we westerners pay to play these games on the PC.

Comment

I don't care about this game what so ever its sparked zero interest in me and I don't understand hype around game that has so little info about it Dood

Comment

I don't care about interactive movies

Comment

• MadMummy76
          MadMummy76 commented
          Editing a comment
          I love interactive movies. What I don't care for are games that want to be different for the sake of being different, and a story that is confusing for the sake of being confusing.

• Balta666
          Balta666 commented
          Editing a comment
          On that I cannot comment as no one has a clue if the story explains itself or not (probably not)

I care only enough to hope that it stays exclusive to one platform. The less we can get Kojima's cult vehicle to spread the better it will be for everyone. As long as it's only the Sony audience who get brainwashed into associating lack of quality with brilliance and things created by someone else with Kojima then that's a sacrifice the industry may be able to afford. I really don't want another 20 years of a game with no gameplay design defining the baseline for games of its genre. Don't let that motherfucker make the world think that garbage = good and barely passable = asking too much. Metal Gear Solid was a warning left unheeded for two decades by everyone except a company that only makes Pachinko machines now.

Comment

I was interested in this game when it was revealed, but it's taking way too damn long to come out. The Hollywood influence is putting me off the more I think about it too. If it does end up being good, maybe I'll get it on sale or used or something.
          Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Even if it would come to Switch I wouldn't care.
            Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Kojima stopped writing good stories years ago, and now relies on brand recognition to sell his games, so I have absolutely no interest in any future games from him.
              There's no way to delete my account, so I'll just put this here:

I'm done with this site, and will no longer be a member here. Goodbye.

Comment

I don't really care if it remains exclusive or not. I just want to play the game to see if it's worth it or not. I don't really buy into everyone hating on him, I see Death Stranding as a retribution for Kojima after all that happened with MGSV. Hopefully he doesn't disappoint, but if he does, that's fine, he next works won't matter to me anymore, and I gave him a fair chance, so I can walk away from what he makes feeling like I was fair about it, instead of jumping into hate like you know more about the situation then was made public.

Comment

• Dub-Z
                  Dub-Z commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's really only a couple people here who act like Hideo Kojima abused them when they were kids. It's not a widespread sentiment. He's got his haters who just get irritated when lots of people love things they don't like, or old GAF reset forum kind of people who don't like him for being sexist and critical of war, are philosophically opposed to cut scenes and exposition etc... but his games have millions of fans, and the vast majority of other gamers just play more normie mainstream stuff and don't even know who he is to feel one way or another about him.

• MadMummy76
                  MadMummy76 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dub-Z
                  Yeah, because the only way someone can dislike kojima is if they are opposed to exposition.

• Dub-Z
                  Dub-Z commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's multiple generalizations there. Not just one.

How the hell is anyone even interested in this pretentious pile of crap? It looks so boring and literally has nothing going for it other than Kojima's name and Norman Reedus. Someone tell me 5 things about the game other than the graphics that they're excited for.

Comment

• Sick243
                  Sick243 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yap that's a common theme about this game so many people excited for it and none of them seem to know why other then its Kojima game witch is IL say bad.
                  Also are you Welyn? Dood

• Borghir
                  Borghir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  1. I hope the game plays like MGSV
                  2. I really want to find out what the story is about.
                  3. What will Kojima be able to pull off with free reins. No Konami-style interference this time.
                  4. The setting is apocalyptic, hopeless and dark. I like this atmosphere.
                  5. Mads Mikkelsen. Way better actor than Norman Reedus.

I thought Kojima's cult-like fanbase sucked (and it does) but holy shit does the man have people who'd celebrate more his failure than their child's birth.

Dunno honestly, might go multi if it succeeds but honestly I don't really care, I'm intrigue cause Kojima isn't afraid to take risks but it's low on my list of games I expect the most

Comment

Originally posted by Majestic Boer Goat View Post
                  Kojima stopped writing good stories years ago, and now relies on brand recognition to sell his games, so I have absolutely no interest in any future games from him.
                  Are you suggesting he should change his name before making a new game? What brand is he trying to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Borghir View Post

Are you suggesting he should change his name before making a new game? What brand is he trying to sell?
                    He's selling the Kojima brand. Basically, Kojima is now the human equivalent of post-Jobs Apple. He knows he can get away with selling products that are inferior to his competitors and still charge a premium for them, because he has built and cultivated a massive core market of whale customers (which I used to be part of) who will buy anything that has his name on it. If Death Stranding wasn't being made by Kojima, people would watch the trailers, say "What the fuck?", and move on.
                    Last edited by Majestic Boer Goat; 08-18-2019, 04:36 AM.
                    There's no way to delete my account, so I'll just put this here:

I'm done with this site, and will no longer be a member here. Goodbye.

Comment

• Magvel
                      Magvel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Almost discovering a work made by famous people get more attention because their name is on it

Originally posted by Majestic Boer Goat View Post

He's selling the Kojima brand
                    Well, in case you didn't know. Hideo Kojima is his name? This smells a bit like #EpicManBad don't you think? No arguments to back anything up. It's just hatred for the man.
                    He's in a different studio, with a different team. He uses a different engine (Guerilla's, not Fox') and he doesn't make a MGS game.
                    The guy likes making games and has a track record of globally praised AAA titles whether you liked them or not.

This is another textbook example when Jeremy says "Don't cater to the hatemob, it's never good enough for them".
                    It doesn't matter what Hideo tries. You will always despise it. And that's fine! Just don't expect everyone else to be narrow-minded.

Comment

Working...
                    X