So I finally completed Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally completed Red Dead Redemption

That's right. I am in the 10% of players that actually bothered to complete the game, that doesn't mean 100% completion. I really liked it. It was a much better game and story than the GTA games. I got pretty far into the game on the PS3 but decided I would pick up an Xbox One S to play it in 1080, though I found out that the One S only plays the game at 720p. It was still better than the blurry mess that is the PS3 version.

I didn't keep track of how long I played it but it felt like RDR1 was a bit longer than RDR2. I like both games equally. But there is definitely more to do in RDR2 after you beat the main story missions. After I found and killed Agent Ross the game just felt empty and pointless to keep playing. I bought the explosive rifle and shot a few horses, buffalo and people and watched them explode and had a good laugh. But that was it.

I guess the only thing left to do is start playing Undead Nightmare.

Nice!. I had RDR2 and have hardly played any of it.
    I might devote some time to it this weekend.

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I was actually talking about RDR1. But I finished up RDR2 back a few months back. I already knew how both games would end before I played them. I mostly did it for the experience and I still enjoyed them. I find RDR 1 and 2 to actually be pretty sad games when you think about it.

It took me a few weeks to get through RDR2 and a bit longer to get through RDR1. But yeah I did it.

Tried to give it a go in 4K on the Xbox One X after finishing Red Dead 2 but just couldn't get into it and stalled out after a couple hours. I really wish I'd played it when it was cutting edge, but I'd still like to play through it eventually.

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I played it on the One S and it was really jaggy. It needs some anti-aliasing. I am surprised that a One S, which is basically the basic Xbox One hardware couldn't run the game in 1080p. It's a shame we never got the game on PC cause it could have looked much better. Hopefully Rockstar will do a RDR remaster in the RDR2 engine when they get around to releasing the PC port of RDR2 . A lot of PC gamers never got to play RDR1 cause they never ported it to the PC.

Look who's a peasant after all MUAHAHA

Comment

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am pretty sure everyone was a peasant during the Nintendo / Sega era.

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Necromancerx69 I had a NES, SNES and a Genesis. Then I got a PS and later on a PS2 and an Xbox. But I always had some old PC around I would play older games on like Diablo and the Fallout games. I played other games as well. But my computers couldn't handle the newer more demanding games.

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Cuzin_Ed
      I only owned the Genesis, the Dreamcast and the Playstation 2.
      On my Pc back then I played mostly strategy games like AoE or C&C.

"Completed"

Click image for larger version

Name:	rdr2_100pc_a.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	62195
    Iconoclast

Jeremy: ResetEra is a forum full of outrage merchants
    Also Jeremy: Join ExclusivelyGames, a forum full of outrage merchants

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice try at trolling. But RDR1 had a 10% completed rate. Meaning people who completed the main story mission. I would expect that the number of people who actually completed the game 100% would be far less. But I didn't expect it to be a fraction of a percentage point.

• twidget
      twidget commented
      Editing a comment
      Priceless!

Noting much to say here both games are great hope you had great time playing them Dood

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I did. I really like the RDR games. I just wish they would release the PC port of RDR2 already. But I imagine that won't happen till next year.
Working...
X