So I finally completed Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally completed Red Dead Redemption

That's right. I am in the 10% of players that actually bothered to complete the game, that doesn't mean 100% completion. I really liked it. It was a much better game and story than the GTA games. I got pretty far into the game on the PS3 but decided I would pick up an Xbox One S to play it in 1080, though I found out that the One S only plays the game at 720p. It was still better than the blurry mess that is the PS3 version.

I didn't keep track of how long I played it but it felt like RDR1 was a bit longer than RDR2. I like both games equally. But there is definitely more to do in RDR2 after you beat the main story missions. After I found and killed Agent Ross the game just felt empty and pointless to keep playing. I bought the explosive rifle and shot a few horses, buffalo and people and watched them explode and had a good laugh. But that was it.

I guess the only thing left to do is start playing Undead Nightmare.

Nice!. I had RDR2 and have hardly played any of it.
    I might devote some time to it this weekend.

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I was actually talking about RDR1. But I finished up RDR2 back a few months back. I already knew how both games would end before I played them. I mostly did it for the experience and I still enjoyed them. I find RDR 1 and 2 to actually be pretty sad games when you think about it.

It took me a few weeks to get through RDR2 and a bit longer to get through RDR1. But yeah I did it.

Originally posted by Cuzin_Ed View Post
    That's right. I am in the 10% of players that actually bothered to complete the game, that doesn't mean 100% completion. I really liked it. It was a much better game and story than the GTA games. I got pretty far into the game on the PS3 but decided I would pick up an Xbox One S to play it in 1080, though I found out that the One S only plays the game at 720p. It was still better than the blurry mess that is the PS3 version.

I didn't keep track of how long I played it but it felt like RDR1 was a bit longer than RDR2. I like both games equally. But there is definitely more to do in RDR2 after you beat the main story missions. After I found and killed Agent Ross the game just felt empty and pointless to keep playing. I bought the explosive rifle and shot a few horses, buffalo and people and watched them explode and had a good laugh. But that was it.

I guess the only thing left to do is start playing Undead Nightmare.
    Haven't finished Undead Nightmare, however definitely one of the more immersive Zombie type games. One of the few games where I see random non scripted NPCs actually turn if bitten.
    Violence doesn't solve anything, my block list does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWaa6xvPZ4

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I played a bit of Undead Nightmare on the ps3 a year ago or so. I liked it. But I plan to take a serious shot at the game soon. I might do it in October since it's Halloween and all, if not sooner.

Tried to give it a go in 4K on the Xbox One X after finishing Red Dead 2 but just couldn't get into it and stalled out after a couple hours. I really wish I'd played it when it was cutting edge, but I'd still like to play through it eventually.

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I played it on the One S and it was really jaggy. It needs some anti-aliasing. I am surprised that a One S, which is basically the basic Xbox One hardware couldn't run the game in 1080p. It's a shame we never got the game on PC cause it could have looked much better. Hopefully Rockstar will do a RDR remaster in the RDR2 engine when they get around to releasing the PC port of RDR2 . A lot of PC gamers never got to play RDR1 cause they never ported it to the PC.

Look who's a peasant after all MUAHAHA

Comment

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am pretty sure everyone was a peasant during the Nintendo / Sega era.

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Necromancerx69 I had a NES, SNES and a Genesis. Then I got a PS and later on a PS2 and an Xbox. But I always had some old PC around I would play older games on like Diablo and the Fallout games. I played other games as well. But my computers couldn't handle the newer more demanding games.

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Cuzin_Ed
      I only owned the Genesis, the Dreamcast and the Playstation 2.
      On my Pc back then I played mostly strategy games like AoE or C&C.

"Completed"

Click image for larger version

Name:	rdr2_100pc_a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	62195
    Iconoclast

Jeremy: ResetEra is a forum full of outrage merchants
    Also Jeremy: Join ExclusivelyGames, a forum full of outrage merchants

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice try at trolling. But RDR1 had a 10% completed rate. Meaning people who completed the main story mission. I would expect that the number of people who actually completed the game 100% would be far less. But I didn't expect it to be a fraction of a percentage point.

• twidget
      twidget commented
      Editing a comment
      Priceless!

Noting much to say here both games are great hope you had great time playing them Dood

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
      Cuzin_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      I did. I really like the RDR games. I just wish they would release the PC port of RDR2 already. But I imagine that won't happen till next year.
Working...
X