Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random holdover poll #2: The end is nigh for Bioware?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random holdover poll #2: The end is nigh for Bioware?

As you must have learned by now Bioware has lost a major member of their team, a senior producer who worked for them for 12 years, also lead producer for Anthem.

I don't think he would've left if things were looking up for Bioware. Anthem now is an official failure with EA completely ignoring the game in their latest earnings call. They expected it to be the next mass effect, but it's just the next Andromeda : A giant flop. The rumors about DA4 being what they are, I don't think there is much of a future for bioware. What do you think?
    Everything is fine at Bioware, they will continue unchanged for the forseable future
    0%
    This is just a small hickup they'll recover and go back to making great games
    0%
    It's bad but they will redeem themselves with Dragon Age 4 critically and sales wise
    2.94%
    It's bad and Dragon Age 4 will flop as well
    50.00%
    EA won't even wait for them to release DA:4 They'll seize to exist as bioware before long.
    20.59%
    Other: Explain your take in comments
    26.47%
    Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
    Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

I choose other.

Cause Bioware was already dead.

Dragon Age 2 or even Mass Effect 3 ending just showed us the early stages of being at deaths door.

Mass Effect Andromeda only showed the corpse of Bioware wearing sunglasses and EA saying everything is fine, it's still alive.
    So I am not surprised Anthem failed, all signs pointed to this happening and the next Dragon Age will be nothing more than the same rushed work and maybe worse with the micro transactions.

Again, Bioware was already dead.
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

• MadMummy76
      MadMummy76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Trout
      Everyone shits on Dragon Age 2, I liked it much more than Origins.

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Trout and @MadMummy76
      Everyone shits on pineapple pizza. I love it. xD

• Trout
      Trout commented
      Editing a comment
      Havent played DA, its on my steam "to play" list. Picked up Origins GOTY afew years back.

I was hoping BioWare would survive long enough for DA 4 to get released, despite my low expectations for it, but I don’t see that happening now. There was barely any info on the project as it was, so I don’t know how they’ll survive long enough without the lead dev.
    All my typos are intentional
    I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I expect DA4 will still happen. It'll probably be a disaster of PC crap and that will probably be the final death knell of Bioware and good riddance.

Comment

I cannot say I have ever been a die hard Bioware fan and most of my experience with the company is through friends, video game coverage, and through other EA games, but I cannot be too optimistic here. Not with all the recent flops, underhanded moves, and predatory monetization going on with Bioware and EA in general. Do I think there will be more games? Of course, they make money. Do I think they will be good? I suppose there is always potential. Do I think they will ever be like before? It certainly does not seem like it. All I know is that I doubt one person, no matter how great or horrible, could really affect the path Bioware is on right now.

Comment

Bioware is just a name now, all the talent is gone and with them the chance DA4 would be any good.
          "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think EA is going to run Bioware into the ground and try to get every last dollar out of the Anthem community. EA is to busy telling the masses to buy Madden and FIFA to tell us about DA4 so I'm skeptical it'll be a blockbuster that it needs to be. If the investors want Bioware gone it will happen.
            I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Comment

• Zagreus_Veritas
              Zagreus_Veritas commented
              Editing a comment
              A game studio has died in your dungeon and has risen as a skeleton.

Other: Bioware is already dead, EA is siphoning off the Bioware Magic and using it to reanimate the studio as a zombie.
            The yeeting of cats strictly prohibited in this area.

Comment

Its fine, we're fine. Everything is fine. How are you?
              Steam ID: Saul15 Discord: Trout#3435
              I love strategy games and coop shooters, lets play sometime.

Comment

• twidget
                twidget commented
                Editing a comment
                We're sending a squad up.

• WickedWolf
                WickedWolf commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh... fine.

This is just a guess, but there are probably a lot of Dragon Age fans that will get the game who don't really know about or follow all the drama surrounding the past few games. I still see people saying good things about Dragon Age Inquisition every now and then. Maybe DA4 will sell well at first, but be critically panned, or hated by the community. Or who knows, maybe it'll be fine (it's rare for a "AAA" game to be better than just "fine", just sayin').
              Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

• Zagreus_Veritas
                Editing a comment
                Inquisition was actually pretty good, it just had a cancerous swollen open World content area stapled to its core gameplay like a botched transplant job and it was obvious work had gone from the main story to fill out its bloated form.

• WickedWolf
                WickedWolf commented
                Editing a comment
                Inquisition wasn’t bad per say, it just didn’t live up to Origins (and people would rather pretend 2 didn’t happen.) To me, a lot of the side quests in Inquisition felt like a chore, rather than something fun to do.

• Zagreus_Veritas
                Editing a comment
                No game has lived up to Origins so far, the story, the character customization options... The cold, refreshing assassin and the most gallows humor spouting tank I've seen outside of Eorzea...
                It did have some flaws though, most notably how thanks to their party composition I never played through the game on any class other than mage, Morrigan may be one of the most overhyped characters but a good starting mage she is not...

I don't think EA will even allow it to finish dragon age. Most likely they are still in pre-production of all the stories that came to life a while ago about mismanagement are true...

Comment

Other Bioware will survive if DA4 is absolute hit don't think EA will kill them b4 that sense its in making Dood

Comment

Bioware died after Mass Effect 2, their last great game

Last edited by The Messenger; 08-23-2019, 02:24 AM.

Comment

All the people who used to make Bioware good and made good games are now gone. The same thing with Blizzard. All the old talent left retired or got let go. The only thing that remains of Bioware is the name. All they have now is the current crop of Millennial SJW garbage out of brainwashing centers known as colleges.

Comment

I don't even know why EA even keeps them around anymore when they've shut down equally good studios for less.

Comment

Working...
                      X