Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random holdover poll #3: What about Ion Fury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the game on GoG and because I only use offline installers my game was never censored and never will. Also the game is called Ion Maiden (currently Ion Fury) NOT Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden)

Comment

What bothers me the most, is that journos are blowing out of proportions the whole thing, and of course, most of the gamers are outraged. I just wish there was more outrage in the media and among gamers when companies pull this stupid BS. What I'm mean gamers, can already expect that EA and Activision will put microtransactions in their games. Bethesda will outright try to scam its customers, and Ubisoft will continue being Ubisoft.

That, being said, at least Voidpoint didn't insult its customers like that BioWare designer or said don't like don't buy it. The more I write, the more I see downright idiotic statements this company put out, and people still buy their products.

Of course, I'm disappointed with 3D Realms action, but I would blame them more than Voidpoint. In the very least Ion Fury was fun, had good levels and atmosphere and more interactivity then modern AAA games. All of this with a small budget. I am more disappointed with the community manager of 3D Realms for banning people, and 3D Realms in general, but not the devs of the game.

With all of this being said, I wish that the gaming industry would push for more quality games, than focus on some nonsense politics, that the rest of the world doesn't care about and focus on making better games.

Also, those idiots at ResetEra and other game journos didn't complain about the game will it was in development, only when it started gaining traction online. I've been following the project development from time to time and had hoped that it would succeed. And all of a sudden as soon as we get a good FPS, here come the journos and shills to attack the game. It's like they don't want good games. I guess people already knew that.
      For old, new and even obscure game reviews, visit:

https://colapoweredgamer.wordpress.com

Comment

Was going to buy it now NO WAY DOOD shame looked nice Dood

Comment

SJW: Makes a tempest in a water cup because of a bottle of soap.

Anti-SJW: Makes a tempest in a water cup because a bottle of soap was removed.
          Stop spammers from entering - Build a wall

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
            Cuzin_Ed commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think the bottle of soap is the main cause for people refunding the game.

Was waiting for the Switch release but not anymore, while I feel sorry for the devs and understand the publisher is to blame, there is no real way to harm the publisher without the evds being collateral damage and if I would buy the game most of the money would go to the people who think re-education camps I mean sensitivity training are acceptable, and I can not allow that.
          Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

• Forge
            Forge commented
            Editing a comment
            Just a suggestion for anyone that's interested, but doesn't want to support bad publisher decisions and don't want to sail the high seas; the developers have their own paypal & bitcoin type support sites, maybe a quick note and direct support might net you a gog or steam key.
            No guarantees, as I don't speak directly for them.
            Last edited by Forge; 08-22-2019, 07:20 PM.

• Thomas_JCG
            Thomas_JCG commented
            Editing a comment
            Your comment reminded me of that South Park episode, "Death Camp of Tolerance". I wonder where we, as a society, went wrong and started to accept the unacceptable because "tolerance".

Click image for larger version

Name:	phobic.png
Views:	2
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	62630

I strongly believe, he is not afraid of homo or trans, he is afraid that people won't have the right of their own decision (kids), and those who are capable of making their own decisions, damage their own bodies without considering enough rational inputs.
          If anything, I am sure that the correct 'slur' should be retardophobic, brainwashphobic, idiotphobic, and parentemalumphobic.

I also don't understand that " empowering marginalized groups", cannibals, war criminals, rapists are also marginalized groups, should we now set them free and protect them and attack anyone who will say otherwise?

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
            Thomas_JCG commented
            Editing a comment
            That his comments weren't transphobic aren't even in question, this is the lamest controversy ever.

and here we go
          Voidpoint never said anything wrong. The 3dr hr/pr department issued their own press release & wrote one on voidpoints behalf, without the approval of the head dev at voidpoint. The guy is pretty upset over it. He has to edit out the soap bottle because of contractual obligations, but he does not approve of apologizing, zero tolerance, or re-education brainwashing. He's gone radio silent because he's too pissed off to talk to anybody about it. The man would have never buckled to sjw pressure. It was that spineless wimp Fred from 3dr & the VP's senior assistant dev who was intimidated through legal means to issue their statement.

The lesson learned here is to chose your bedmates wisely and don't go with one that will throw you under the bus at the first sign of trouble, just because the money is good.
          Last edited by Forge; 08-23-2019, 01:53 PM.
          Silflay hraka, u embleer rah!

Comment

if the reviews are correct and this is a good game, i'll be buying it on console when it comes out, i'd rather be supporting this game with my money than anything from ea / activision.

if i remember correctly, when the first DOOM (2016) trailer was released feminist frequency negatively commented on it. ID Software changed nothing in the game. would it be ok if Jeff Koons went back to a finished peace of work and changed it because some people didn't like it? for me, it wouldn't be right. what would happen after release if people didn't like the sex scenes in Below Her Mouth and all digital copies of the movie where going to be changed to better reflect the audience feed-back

i'm woffling on, but, if the devs artist direction is correct opon the games release, everyone involved in the process of delivering to the customer should be sticking to their guns
            Death to the demoness Allegra Geller

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
              Cuzin_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              You should save your money. FPS games on consoles are garbage. Just wait a year or so and pick it up real cheap for the PC. It's using the build engine so it can run on a crap PC from the mid 2000's.

So a dude from the Steam forums, summarized the whole thing nicely. I will still play the game, as it appears to be a rather good FPS in last several years, along with DUSK and Amid Evil.
            Here's the link

https://arcticukitsu.com/Blog/?p=5600

For old, new and even obscure game reviews, visit:

https://colapoweredgamer.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzin_Ed
              . . . I don't want to support degenerate homosexual causes with my money. . . .
              You choose to only support more moral homosexual causes?
              Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

Originally posted by Mellthas View Post
                Click image for larger version  Name:	phobic.png Views:	1 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	62630

I also don't understand that " empowering marginalized groups", cannibals, war criminals, rapists are also marginalized groups, should we now set them free and protect them and attack anyone who will say otherwise?
                They are pretty good at empowering and harbouring pedos. Much like the vatican.

The saying still holds true. The more outraged someone acts about something in public, the more likely that they are guilty of the same thing.
                Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
                Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzin_Ed
                  I don't want to support degenerate homosexual causes with my money.
                  I wish I could love anything as much as I hate everything
                  I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
                    Cuzin_Ed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I actually don't care if they kill themselves.

• WickedWolf
                    WickedWolf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cuzin_Ed obviously, but that hardly qualifies as degenerate.

Can we keep things civil and within the CoC, there isn't a need to post in such a way when you can discuss the topic without becoming hateful or dropping in buzzwords.
                  Mod

Comment

Originally posted by Tonic View Post
                    Can we keep things civil and within the CoC, there isn't a need to post in such a way when you can discuss the topic without becoming hateful or dropping in buzzwords.
                    Buzzwords are the best some vocabularies can muster.

Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

Judging from the Steam review graph the initial outrage seems to have passed.
                      The yeeting of cats strictly prohibited in this area.

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
                        Thomas_JCG commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It was literally a few hundred people who cared, can't even call it review bombing.

• Zagreus_Veritas
                        Zagreus_Veritas commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Fewer than that cared when it was downvoted by REEEsetEra.
                    Working...
                    X