Someone here playing Destiny 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone here playing Destiny 2?

I here observed that discussions on destiny 2 almost there. And this despite the fact that the game is quite popular. Why?

I don't think there are many here that are into MMO (lite or not). Could be wrong though...

P.s: you also don't see people discussing Fortnite and that is way more popular lol

Comment

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like Warframe so I do like those kinds of games, the only reason I haven't played Destiny at first was mostly because I was a die hard Warframe fan.
      Now I simply don't like Destiny monetization practices. Still I do have hope for Destiny to get better now that is no longer under supervision of Activision.
      Warframe does need a competitor (specially now that I rage quit the game).

Originally posted by Balta666 View Post
    I don't think there are many here that are into MMO (lite or not). Could be wrong though...

P.s: you also don't see people discussing Fortnite and that is way more popular lol
    This is because the target audience of Fortnite is 10 year old schoolboys who are not interested to sit on the forums. Modicum in than the was lucky.

Comment

Destiny 2 has a terrible reputation because of Activision's scummy practices, most people here are very aware of it and have no interest in that sort of game.
      "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas_JCG View Post
        Destiny 2 has a terrible reputation because of Activision's scummy practices, most people here are very aware of it and have no interest in that sort of game.
        You can tell me more about it. I started playing it recently.

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
          Thomas_JCG commented
          Editing a comment
          Now there isn't much to say. While under the supervision of Activision, Destiny 2 was nothing more than a cash grab that was identical to the original. Paying for shaders, XP throttling, DLC-gating, all sort of BS was common.

I started playing this game almost with the release. I didn't like the story and I quickly wanted to finish it to move on to pvp. So I just bought myself a boost https://epiccarry.com/destiny-2/ and kept playing . There is no discussion because the game is quite simple and ask for help from pro do not need. But if you are interested to communicate with other players of this game, it is better to find a forum that is dedicated to it. I've seen this one before.
        Last edited by CrazyReaper; 08-23-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I would say the game is really regaining popularity with substantial improvements to the game and the split from activision. That alone got me back into it. The reddit for Destiny is very very active and has 1,000,000 subs right now. On top of that there are many discords for various clans and the reddit with an active community. That being said that is where most of the community is at, I rarely see Destiny discussed outside of these dedicated communities. And I don't see that as an issue. I'm sure if people on here would post questions about the game there would be plenty of people to respond to it. But those other forums have more players and more knowledge of the game and so I think people just go there.

Comment

The only thing I can say is that I hope for the devs to leave their old monetization practices behind with Activision moving forward.

I do believe there is hope for Destiny to actually turn into a good game now without supervision of Activision.
            ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
            Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

When it goes free to play in October I believe might give it a try Dood

Comment

I saw it on Steam and it sounded interesting. Something about the Moon or whatever. It's on my wish list so I can keep an eye on it. I heard it's supposedly going free to play soon so I will try it then.

Comment

I play Destiny 2. It had a rough time of it. It released in a way that was catered to casual fans, getting everything was easy, I think I have every excotic besides Acrius within the first 2 weeks. Combined that with no random weapon rolls provided precious little reason to play. Then It had the worst DLC in destiny history about Curse of Osiris. The game was in a rough spot at this point and lost about 75% of its former player base. It started to turn things around with the next DLC bringing back some of the chase, and then with the following dlc forsaken brought the game back to a good state where there is plenty to do and plenty to chase and almost every activity is rewarding in some way. The upcoming dlc shadowkeep is improving things even further by creating deeper character customization allowing you to look the way you want while having the perks you want. As well as destiny 2 new light which makes everything from year 1 free to everyone as well as allowing access to gambit and every game area. This will hopefully bring in a lot of new players and some of the skeptical old ones when they get a chance to experience all the quality of life changes made to the game.

Comment

Destiny 2 is full of unfulfilled promises. Its a game that many had hope for, then Activision. They ruinded it and lost all player faith i reckon. Bungie will have to go all out and be convincing to hook anyone on Destiny 3. I just don't see any hype here.

Comment

Working...
                    X