Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 174: Will Kerbal Space program 2 be early access?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 174: Will Kerbal Space program 2 be early access?

Last Daily Poll was on Sony buying Insomniac. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...-for-insomniac

Kerbal Space Program 2 was announced at gamescom a few days ago. I played the first one years ago and remembered liking it. I'm pretty excited to check out the sequel when it comes out in 2020. I also remember Kerbal Space Program launching as an early access game. Do you think KSP 2 will be an early access game?

Check out the daily poll archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eZa5loUQvE-SI/
    KSP 2 will be early access
    22.22%
    KSP 2 won't be early access
    11.11%
    There isn't enough information for me to decide
    16.67%
    I don't care about KSP 2
    50.00%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

I don't care if any game is or isn't placed in early access.
    "We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

Comment

They will not miss the opportunity to sell the game before the game is ready, now that they acquired a taste for it.

In my opinion early access games are bad for the industry. Nobody is happy at the end. The game can never be called truly complete, the players who started playing it in early access always complain when major change happens. And when the game is finally pushed as an actual release nobody really wants to buy it any more, hell most people who bought it are already bored with it. So the devs have no capital for their next project. Meaning they have no choice but make that early access too. It's a catch 22, that ultimately degrades quality of games.
      Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
      Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

I don't care in the slightest about this game.
        Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Games focused on user creation like this pretty much should be an ongoing development, because there's no ceiling and it's not until people start pushing it that you see where things can or need to go.

Early access can be fine. Better than a pre-order where you get nothing for months or years when you put money down. You can also suss out what's going to be a worthwhile and actually supported game for your tastes, as long as you have taste and sense. Same thing that tells you what games to buy in general. That aptitude varies from person to person, but one monkey don't stop no show.

Comment

Nope don't care Dood

Comment

Working...
            X