Boss fights you hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss fights you hate

I'm just creating this topic so I can rant about that bitch Hibari in River City Girls who just flies around at the top of the screen all day instead of actually fighting you. River City Girls is supposed to be a beat 'em up, yet this bitch keeps keeps filling the screen with bullets like some bullet hell shooter, which maybe wouldn't annoy me if I had a fucking gun like in The Red Star. But no, you've got to keep dodging bullets all day while this bitch mocks you from high atop the screen. If that's not enough, in true beat 'em up fashion she has to be a loser who can't fight you alone so you have to deal with her constantly summoning minions to annoy you. Oh, and on top of all that she has an attack that will hit you for only half of your health if you're LUCKY, it might just out right kill you. Now while you might not have a hard time avoiding it, when her obnoxious minions are harassing you there's a good chance you either won't notice it about to hit you or they'll just knock you into it

If there are two things that piss me off in a beat 'em up it's enemies taunting you while they fly around or wusses who constantly attack you from far away with range weapons. GET OVER HERE AND FIGHT ME YOU FUCKING P***Y!!! This boss represents BOTH of those things.

Fuck this boss and fuck this game

Anyway, feel free to rant about any other bosses you hate in video games
    Last edited by The Messenger; 09-08-2019, 02:29 AM.

There is only one boss fight that I despise more than anything on this planet.
    [ And this comes from a person that loves the game to death and will die saying how good it is, BUT even I can't defend this boss fight. ]

Dark Souls 2: Lud & Zallen [ 6:25 from the video ]

TL;DR of the video
    The worst area in the game (Frigid Outskirts), you can't see crap as you make your way to the boss, no bonfire close to the boss fight, the boss is just a copy paste of another boss but doubled, and specially the bloody Pikachu Horses (I could say they are Zebstrikas but they don't deserve such a title, cause they are worse and not cute), these horses will make your life a living hell as you try to make way to the boss fight, again worst boss fight I have ever experienced in my entire life and nothing can top it for me.

[ Some honorable mention for worse Boss Fights ]

Dark Souls 2: The Grave Robbers (They are nothing more than a gank squad disguised as a boss fight, but they are not that bad if you PvP, if you only PvE prepare your anus ).

Borderlands 1: The monster inside the Vault (Only because it was a massive disappointment and the loot is shait).
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Ornstein and Smough, Dark Souls: Because one boss wasn't hard enough, and when you kill one, the other just gets stronger.

Kushala Daora, Monster Hunter World: This bitch isn't strong, just annoying. When it starts making tornadoes everywhere, you can forget attacking and you are better off just leaving the area, otherwise you will just be rolling around like a tumbleweed.

Darth Vader, The Force Unleashed II: The Dark Lord of the Sith expends most of the battle running away from you! Sure, Starkiller is obviously much more powerful, as he proves again when you finally catch up. Still, what a letdown, seeing Vader acting like such a wuss.
      Stop spammers from entering - Build a wall

Comment

• Zagreus_Veritas
        Zagreus_Veritas commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone hates Kushala Daora, but there are ways to handle the metal plated dragon bitch. Wind resistance hunting horns, bows, flashbombs and poison.

• Thomas_JCG
        Thomas_JCG commented
        Editing a comment
        Zagreus_Veritas - The wind can deflect flashbombs and arrows, so depending on how the field is, there is nothing you can do.

Originally posted by Thomas_JCG View Post
      Ornstein and Smough, Dark Souls: Because one boss wasn't hard enough, and when you kill one, the other just gets stronger.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	975.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	64083
      [ I hope you are not serious... xD ]

( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
      Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

• Magvel
        Magvel commented
        Editing a comment
        Ornstein and Smough suck because every shitty top 10 boss fights put them in there when Artorius is a much better pick

• Thomas_JCG
        Thomas_JCG commented
        Editing a comment
        Magvel - But the topic is about fights we HATE, and Artorius is really, really cool!

• Magvel
        Magvel commented
        Editing a comment
        Thomas_JCG ik I wasn't really serious, I just prefer Artorius compared to Ornstein/Smough

The Savior and Sanctus - Devil May Cry 4
      These bosses are more annoying than anything. The Savior is a long and tedious fight, and Sanctus moves whenever you try and attack him.

The Harvester - Dragon Age: Origins
      DLC Boss, but still the toughest boss in the game. He has two forms, the first of which deals heavy damage, and the second where he jumps around, and you have to step on switches to prevent skeletons from swarming you the whole fight.

Ultimate Alma - Ninja Gaiden Black
      Fuck this bitch and the million tries it takes to defeat her. That is all.

All my typos are intentional
      I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I never look forward to fighting Death in the first Castlevania. The level itself is designed to sap away your health, with the corridor before the boss being full of axe throwing knights and Medusa heads. During the boss fight, the scythes that fly around appear randomly, so hopefully you have enough health to survive.

Comment

Sullivan in Dead Rising 2. Imagine having to fight on a tiny-ass platform with your bare hands in a game that heavily encourages gunfights and with DR's clunky ass controls.

Comment

Watcher Knights fight in hollow knight because f... That boss that spawns up to 3 knights at the same time and is just unfair. For people saying the fun is in the challenge and the pride of overcoming it f... You too (I beat it once and I will never do it again)

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
              Thomas_JCG commented
              Editing a comment
              You don't know the chandelier trick, do you?

• Balta666
              Balta666 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know but that does not make the battle easy just less annoying

Midgardsormr: The father of dragons, red-maned champion of the Dragonstar - FF14
            Specifically, getting wiped out by stack mechanics as healer when only two people stack up with you, the rest of the raid dies to exaflares and the tanks then beat the motherfucker down from 20% while complaining about how inept everyone else is because his "attacks are so well telegraphed".
            Well of course they are, when you only have to care about three of them... =p
            The yeeting of cats strictly prohibited in this area.

Comment

I remember when I was a child and I had NES and SNES - in my opinion the games had a much higher level of difficulty (the other thing was that I was 6 or 7 years old). It was the first or one of the first bosses in the Batman game that threw barrels. Very rarely I managed to beat him, I always lost a lot of life on it - so I couldn't see what the rest of the game looks like. So far, when I see him, I feel fear.

Comment

Just to add to my previous rant on Hibari from River City Girls, her projectiles juggle you. So when she goes into "bullet hell" mode, if you get hit by one you'll probably get hit by all of them. Oh, and if she goes into "Fuck you" mode followed by "bullet hell" mode, her projectiles will juggle you into her one hit kill needle attack. So yeah, the whole fight is just a giant middle finger from the designers. I love when devs throw bullshit fights like this at you, then have humorous dialog from the characters afterwards. Yeah, if someone stuck a finger in my eye and kicked me in the nuts, then told a humorous joke afterward, all is forgiven! We're best friends! You're so hilarious best friend! We should go hang out!

That's the point in the game where I usually use the skip cutscene feature. Like I fucking care when I'm still seeing red and wishing the game devs would drop dead.

Fuck you Wayforward. I can't remember the last time I hated a game as much as River City Girls
                Last edited by The Messenger; 09-10-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Boost Guardian from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Holy hell, talk about a difficulty spike. This guy is so much harder than any boss you've faced up to this point it isn't funny. To start off, there are no light crystals in the arena, so your health is constantly being sapped away during the fight. He likes to waste your time by going into puddle form, forcing you to spam morph ball bombs until he feels like fighting again. One touch from him while he's in puddle form takes an ENTIRE ENERGY TANK, when you only have maybe 3 or 4 at this point in the game AND your health is constantly being sapped away. You can bait him into slamming into one of the pillars when he starts charging, which will reveal an ultra energy that restores a whole energy tank, but this usually just wastes time. I remember one time I actually beat this boss after numerous attempts, only for the poisonous atmosphere to deplete my health and send me to the game over screen while the boss was in his death animation.

Spider Guardian from the same game. It's not necessarily hard, but it is tedious as all get out. The entire fight forces you to be in morph ball mode. The only way to jump in this form is to lay a bomb and let it explode underneath you, which takes a good second or two. There are so many tedious sub-objectives and puzzles you have to solve just to get the boss to take any damage. It's not any one thing, really. It's just a giant pile of annoyances that break the upper atmosphere by the end of the fight. The relief I feel when I finally get to the end of this and never have to come back is unreal.

These two bosses just make it impossible to replay Metroid Prime 2 for me, which is a damn shame because it's an otherwise good, if flawed, game.

Comment

• Zagreus_Veritas
                    Zagreus_Veritas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I generally found Chykka a much more annoying boss than the Guardians, but that may simply be because I suck at using super missiles XD
                    The only Think keeping me from replaying Metroid Prime 2 is that my Gamecube no longer has the ability to interface with any screen I own (no HDMI) and I'd have to buy both the game (one of the most sought after and expensive Wii games) and a Wiimote if I wanted to play it on my Wii U. (I already had to fix that old clunker once since it was a brick when I bought it.)

I can't even get past the cleric beast in bloodborne.

????

Comment

I hate bullet sponge bossfights, where the goal is to hack away at the enemy until all eternity.

I also hate bossfights where the boss is revived multiple times each time with a larger health bar.

Generally I hate every bossfight where the game's own rules do not apply to the boss enemy.
                    Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
                    Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

• The Messenger
                      The Messenger commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, that's one thing I hate, this idea of bosses being these demigods with abilities beyond the player when according to the story they shouldn't be. Even more annoying is when you beat a boss, then he joins your crew and is not nearly as powerful anymore. To me, a great boss is simply an enemy who is as strong as your character and you simply have to out think him, out fight him, or just find his weakness. I love fighting the Colonel in Mega Man X4 when playing as Zero. He's a badass light saber wielding warrior just like you, but he doesn't have cheap advantages over you, just different light saber skills than you. You just have to learn his attacks and how to avoid them, them bust out your own badass light saber moves when you find an opening. This is what I consider a good boss fight
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGLM0zWQhTo

Lost Number is one of the very few actually difficult parts of FFVII. It's much more powerful than you are at that part of the game. Its physical side deals quite a bit of physical damage and is resistant to physical damage. Its magical side deals quite a bit of magical damage and is resistant to magical damage. So it has moderate defense and moderate damage in both areas. Dealing one of those types of damage against it makes it abandon the opposite side. So if you keep hacking at it, it becomes all physical and will deal massive amounts of physical damage and resist massive amounts of your physical damage. However it becomes more vulnerable to magical damage because it abandons that side's resistances. So the only winning strategy is to only use one damage type until it changes phase and then to only use the other damage type until it dies. If you happen to not have access to both you can't win. What makes the fight annoying is that you can't always rely on in switching to the correct side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lostnumber.png
Views:	6
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	64502

Comment

Working...
                    X