Best Handheld Console.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Handheld Console.

Out of all the Handheld consoles, I prefer the PSP due to the RPG side of it and at the time the console level quality of the games. Games just felt more complete and if you bought a multiplatform game, you could expect it to resemble the PS2 version of the game. I loved the ability to play games like Star Wars Battlefront 2 that was very close to the PS2 version on the PSP and I had pretty good fun grinding in Phantasy Star Portable.
    Nintendo is so overrated - Sony PSP
    15.00%
    More GRAPHICS!! - Sony PSVita
    5.00%
    Meh graphics, I have Pokemon - Nintendo Gameboy
    0%
    I'm the most advanced console! - Gameboy Advanced
    25.00%
    Meh graphics, I still have Pokemon - Nintendo DS
    5.00%
    Nani!? Upgraded graphics! - Nintendo 3DS
    20.00%
    "Laughs at PS Vita graphics" - Nintendo Switch
    25.00%
    Hey guys, don't forget about me - Sega Game Gear
    0%
    You kids and your fancy toys - Game & Watch
    5.00%
    Look guys, I'm different! - Some random unknown console...
    0%
    Violence doesn't solve anything, my block list does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWaa6xvPZ4

Vita is my favorite. I think the "best" I've owned was the Gameboy Advance SP Lite, though. That thing was bomb proof, perfect form factor for what it was, a great library, that Gamecube adapter was neat, and it got me through some hellish commutes in my 20's.
    Last edited by Dub-Z; 09-15-2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Like Dub-Z, I also still think the GBA was the "best".
      I loved that it was backwards compatible with GB and GBC games.

But when I get a handheld out nowadays, I prefer my 3DS XL.
      The larger screen helps my old ass eyes see what's on the screen.
      “Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.”

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

• Necromancerx69
        Necromancerx69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Forgot the backwards compatibility, more reasons to love the GBA.

My favorite handheld will always be the Gameboy Advanced, lots of great games (Advanced Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, Pokemon Dungeon, Goldensun, Etc), my first pokemon game I have ever played (Pokemon Sapphire), decent amount of battery life.

Sure I like the DS games even if I own a 3DS, but my problem it's my hands are 2 big and it makes the devise unplayable for me if I use it more than an hour (it hurts my hands).

I also owned once a Sega Game Gear, I hate it for how quickly that thing drained batteries (don't remember if it used 4 or 6 but you could only use it for two or one hours max). Even if I was always a Sega kid (Sega Master Race), I can't defend it.

Does anyone even remember the Neo Geo Pocket? That shit didn't even lasted a month (at least where I lived, had to return it to the store cause they will no longer make games).
      ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
      Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Gameboy Advance. It had a really fantastic game library and backwards compatibility; that's definitely a win in my book!
        ??????

Comment

I'm assuming this is "what was the best in its day?" Anyway, can't say, because I never owned any of these. I'm considering Switch, but then I read another "complaints about Switch" article or "there's going to be a newer better Switch" article and I pause and rethink it. If it was $200 or less I'd buy it no problem.

Comment

• Hyperweasle
            Hyperweasle commented
            Editing a comment
            Worded the title wrong, I should have put "favorite handheld console". Sadly I couldn't change the thread name.

GBA was pretty good. Lots of games and solid multiplayer function. The DS and 3DS follow close behind, while I seldom consider using Switch in portable mode.
          The PSP... It was pretty useless.
          "I game, therefore I am." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

All my typos are intentional
            I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I have a lot of good memories on the DS with Pokemon but Switch is great since I have the money to buy better games for it.
              I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Comment

If the switch is listed, you kind of have to pick the switch. It already has the greatest library in VG history for crying out loud.

Comment

The GBA still has my favorite games, but I think eventually the Switch will become my favorite due to its versatility (I play in tabletop mode the most) and my growing library (and backlog, rip) that will surpass all other handhelds.
                  Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

I am with Zoltor or on this one. Switch has a stupidity awesome library and lets you play on the go current gen games (something that was unthinkable untill now)

Comment

Game Boy Advance SP (AGS-101)

Comment

DS>Switch>GBA>3DS>PSP>Vita

Comment

I've owned and played pretty much every Nintendo handheld apart from I've never owned the Switch and tried out all those consoles mentioned (lol including Game and watch devices in my teens).
                          My son has a Switch though and I've played on it it's pretty awesome.
                          It has to be the Switch that gets the crown for Handhelds.

Still, I have some great memories of the original GB, GB Colour, Advanced, DS lite, 3DS. I still own a 3DS, which I still play from time to time.
                          If not for the Switch it'd be the 3DS followed very closely by the DS LITE.

The Sony various PS variants never appealed to me. Dodgy, expensive storage. Annoying controls. It was a potentially fantastic handheld probably ruined by Committee design.

Comment

Working...
                          X