Steam Library Beta is out and it's beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Library Beta is out and it's beautiful

The new steam library beta is out and this is my opinion on it.

What I like:
    )> Finally Steam can let you keep free 2 play games on your library.
    [ Before they will disappear and you would have to go find them on the store to install them again, they only don't disappear if you purchased micro-transactions of said free 2 play game. But now, you no longer have to purchase anything to keep the game in your library. Great start. ]

)> Better organization of the library.

)> Can see games I recently played or on what date I last played them.

)> Can make shelf's of games set by your categories, quick and easy to find what you wish to play next.

)> Filter for quickly finding what you wish to play (let's say multiplayer games, just click the box and your library will show the games with multiplayer).

What I don't like:
    )> When you click a game you can see community content, friends playing it, etc. But the community content is big and annoying, I would like to manage that better.
    Lets say I want priority to friends playing a game, next achievements, next steam cards for my game badge and last leave the community content all the way down in the bottom cause I don't care.

)> The blur background.

)> Lack of colors. It would be nice to color menus, game fonts, category fonts, friend list, etc.

[ EDIT ] )> Eats a LOT of RAM (Had to get out of the beta because my potato can hardly handle it).

WHAT I LOVE <3 <3 <3
    )> Show only games installed, I love this cause I no longer have to figure out what I have installed or not (very useful for people with a LOT of games).

)> Custom pictures for your games on the collection list, I LOVE IT!!! cause now I can do this....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hello there.png Views:	1 Size:	335.0 KB ID:	65388

Final thoughts:

I love it 10/10, but I don't recommend using it yet cause I hear there are issues happening to other Steam users, wait till it gets out of beta.
    Still I love it and can't wait for the final release.
    Last edited by Necromancerx69; 09-18-2019, 03:57 AM. Reason: Update it eats a lot of ram, hope steam can fix that by release.
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Seems pretty good, I did not opt in Steam beta releases so I haven't checked it myself yet.

Though I am of the mind that the current library is good enough.
    Stop spammers from entering - Build a wall

Comment

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest, the only thing I miss of the old library are the colors. I don't like the new grey and blur.

This looks cool. Might bring me over to PC gaming.
    All my typos are intentional
    I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
      Thomas_JCG commented
      Editing a comment
      *Monocle pops out*
      Pish posh, have you been playing only the games of common men?
      Last edited by Thomas_JCG; 09-18-2019, 12:38 AM.

• WickedWolf
      WickedWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thomas_JCG Look, I can explain....

Originally posted by Necomancerx69 View Post
    To be honest, the only thing I miss of the old library are the colors. I don't like the new grey and blur.
    To be fair, the old library lacked a lot of color too. I personally am fine with the grey, because before the background was pretty much all one dark bluish black color.
    However I agree with the game pages, the community content is too big and flashy. Having the option to customize it would be nice.
    Violence doesn't solve anything, my block list does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWaa6xvPZ4

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperweasle View Post
      To be fair, the old library lacked a lot of color too. I personally am fine with the grey, because before the background was pretty much all one dark bluish black color.
      However I agree with the game pages, the community content is too big and flashy. Having the option to customize it would be nice.
      What I would like Steam to do it's the same thing we do with our Profile page on steam, easy to choose what you wish to see first as soon you enter your profile page.

I hope Steam can implement something similar and we can choose what we want to see first or at least make some boxes smaller on the games main page.

[ Steam profile options on the showcase, simple and easy to use. ]
      Click image for larger version  Name:	profilesteama.png Views:	1 Size:	202.1 KB ID:	65406
      ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
      Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Originally posted by Necromancerx69 View Post
        )> Show only games installed, I love this cause I no longer have to figure out what I have installed or not (very useful for people with a LOT of games).
        What? This was literally two clicks in the old one. Besides installed games had a different color in the list, so it's not even a necessary feature as it is readily apparent which are installed.

)> Can see games I recently played or on what date I last played them.
        Old version also showed when you last played a game if you clicked on it.
        Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
        Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

• Necromancerx69
          Necromancerx69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it did show when you last played a game, but here it makes a full list of games recently played.

As for the games installed (I never knew that was a thing so I got exited and I have over 9 years using Steam, xD).
      Working...
      X