Flea market and games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea market and games

What is the best video game or video game accessory (shirts, figures, controllers, etc) you have ever found on a flea market or a place that sells used stuff?

I like going to flea markets as long they have something good to sell me and today I got X rebirth collectors edition for 5 dollars (package sealed).
    Sure it's not the best of the X series and had a rough launch, but now I say it's on a solid place and with the use of mods I can fix other issues the game might have.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	xrebirth_ce.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.2 KB ID:	67178

I also remember the time I got the Final Fantasy 7 game for the PS1 for only 15 dollars and sold it to another person for 100 dollars (that was before they decided to sell it online, so getting a copy of Final Fantasy 7 was hard and expensive). Later I found another one but I decided to keep it for my collection.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.8 KB ID:	67179

My brother also got me the Fallout Anthology collection for like 30 or 25 dollars as a gift.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	falloutanthology-145-610.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.9 KB ID:	67180

Not counting all the controllers, toys, shirts, games for dreamcast / ps2 / pc / gba / ds, adapters and other bunch of goodies I have found on flea markets or places that sell used stuff.

Have you guys ever found something good related to video games on a flea market or a place that sell used stuff?
    Last edited by Necromancerx69; 10-13-2019, 08:57 PM.
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

I shopped at a lot of flea markets and pawn shops in the 90's, mostly looking for games.

I don't recall that I found anything exceptional or rare but I did find games to flesh out my NES & SNES libraries.
    Virginia Beach had some good flea markets.
    Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

I haven't been to a flea market since I was a kid, even though they have them here somewhere. I think the best stuff I ever found at thrift stores and antique shops was:

Baldur's Gate II, complete with all discs, when the struggle was real in 2010 and I only had a laptop to play on.

Some old Xbox and 360 titles recently at a Goodwill, that are now backwards compatible on the Xbox One X. Snagged Red Dead Redemption and Oblivion for $3 each, scratch free, CIB.

If pawnshops count, I got a Gamecube back in 2007 for $30, with the Gameboy Advance adapter on the bottom. Had to hunt down the GBA player disc and can't remember where I found it, locally.

As far as just general scores go, I remember I got Snatcher for Sega CD CIB for $6 at a local game store, in 1997. I couldn't get that game back now without spending a couple hundred nowadays.

Comment

I hate flea markets and avoid to go to any. I like my free time more than my money, so I rather spend money on what I want instead of wandering around for something and buying it used with maybe some issues about it.

Comment

A loose copy of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones on GBA for 5€, not a fan of the series but for 5 I had to take it, usually costs 60€ or so.
          Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
            Thomas_JCG commented
            Editing a comment
            And Sacred Stones is a really good game, so you got a mighty good deal.

• Necromancerx69
            Necromancerx69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I loved the Sacred Stones, I used to have it for my GBA.
            Dunno what happened to the cartridge, might still be around or I sold it to buy a DS game. xD

Yap true they sell lot of crappy stuff but you can find true gems there lately I buy stuff like that at pawn shops since here they have to make sure stuff works before they sell it Dood

Comment

I used to love going to flea markets. I was not too successful in finding good video game. I would find great music and dvd/blue rays cheap. I have not been to one in a long time.

Comment

Working...
            X