Thoughts on Postal 4, yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Postal 4, yay or nay?

So, it appears that Postal 4 is in Early Access, and is being developed by Running With Scissors. I consider this good news, since it's not being developed by that Russian dev team, and The Postal Dude will be voiced by Jon St. John. If I remember correctly, the original voice actor for The Postal Dude, Rick Hunter now runs a radio station and is no longer in the voice acting business, so I'm happy that Jon St. John was cast.
    Since I haven't gotten the chance to try it, what are your thoughts and impressions on the game, so far?
    For old, new and even obscure game reviews, visit:

https://colapoweredgamer.wordpress.com

Already 90% out of 1236 steam reviews in only 3 days.
    It's still a total "nay" for me. Bitch around with silly stuff in an open world? Nah thank you. I guess that attracts the same people who play Guts and Glory. But I would play Untitled Goose Game!

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
      Thomas_JCG commented
      Editing a comment
      Untitled Goose Game is way overrated, but what does it have to do with Guts and Glory? It's not a violent game.

• Linkblade
      Linkblade commented
      Editing a comment
      All three are bitching around with silly stuff.

To be honest I have never played any of the postal games.
    I do play Hatred. xD
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Thomas_JCG
      What is wrong with Hatred? It's nothing more than click bait and the game is simple at best.
      I got it mostly for the controversy and support people that are not afraid to show themes people are uncomfortable with.
      [ We need more games that make people uncomfortable. ]

As for Postal, unlike Hatred, it never got my attention.
      I mean, I have over a gazillion games to play and others that look more interesting.
      From the short footage I have seen of old Postal games it doesn't look that fun (sure you can pee on people, but still).

• Magvel
      Magvel commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree I have a low opinion on him too but that's because he unironically enjoys Neptunia and people who do have a frighteningly inhuman tolerance to cringe

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Magvel
      The power of the Nep compels you! xD

To me is a nay simply because I dislike the mindless violence the series is famous for.
    "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

Honestly, I personally haven't played the game, only watched Civvie 11 videos on it. It's definitely not my cup of tea, but I'm happy that the devs are doing their own thing.

My guess on the positive reviews, is that some people want to play a non-PC game in this day and age. While the games were never a GOTY material, I like that the devs are creating the game that they want to make.

Comment

Here's a look at Early Access by GmanLives. It seems like it's going in a good direction, and I like that it's colorful unlike the modern FPS games. I can expect certain people to complain sooner or later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Bb1naHBJQ

Comment

There is a 4? I did not know they made a part 3?

Comment

I just had to buy it ASAP, Postal games are "banned" in my country and I'm glad I could buy 1&2 on GoG before they adapted to german age rating and region locked games away, so better be safe than sorry. It's super janky right now but it is an alpha build, can't even save I think.
          Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Never played the Postal games. I don't really wants a crappy unfinished game that is just edgy for the hell of it. From what I have seen it's not finished. Maybe if it was finished and more fleshed out I would buy it. I don't really trust early access games either. So unless they add more substance to the game it's a no go for me.

Comment

Looks like a trolling game release.
              I might get it for a laugh.

Comment

The series controversy aside. It just looks terrible.
                'All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain'

Comment

I played Postal 2 when it first came out back in the day and had a great time with it and all the mods for that game. After that I went and played Postal 1 and the remix that came out not too long ago. Also enjoyed those. Never played 3 as all the reviews were very negative. Needless to say Postal 2 is my favorite of the series and I will be keeping an eye on Postal 4 to see what becomes of it once it is released. If it gets decent user reviews I will more than likely pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X