Daily Poll 241: Do you use mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 241: Do you use mods?

Last Daily Poll was on Crossplay. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...or-meaningless

Mods are mostly a thing on PC but they've slowly made their way to some games on consoles. A lot of companies are pissy about mods since they can be used to cheat or even worse make DLC and microtransactions seem less appealing. Some mods are basically new games using the original game as a base of assets and code to make something entirely new. Skyrim has quite a few of those under its belt. Minecraft has mods that are essentially expansion packs with the amount of content they offer and they're all free which was something I was greatly for when I was in middle and high school while the game was at its peak.

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I used to use mods
    8.70%
    I have never used mods
    21.74%
    I use mods with every game I play
    8.70%
    I use mods frequently
    8.70%
    I use mods occansionaly
    30.43%
    I use mods rarely
    21.74%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

It's actually rare if I use mods other than fan patches to fix bugs for older games (if they even count as mod), or texture updates. The only games I've modded with actual game changing content off the top of my head are: Skyrim, and X-Com with the Long War mod.

Comment

No, my back catalogue won’t let me. Once I’m done with a game it’s on to the next one!

Comment

You asked this before...
        "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

• Necromancerx69
          Necromancerx69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Remember that most of his polls died during the ban, so he is bringing them back.

• Thomas_JCG
          Thomas_JCG commented
          Editing a comment
          Necromancerx69 - Irrelevant argument, it does not justify having the same old discussion.

I always use mods on every single possible game that can be modded.

I love mods and cannot live without them.
        [ Specially saucy mods. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ]
        ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
        Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

• twidget
          twidget commented
          Editing a comment
          Lover's Lab level of saucy?

• Necromancerx69
          Necromancerx69 commented
          Editing a comment
          twidget
          Small Brain - Steam Workshop nude mods.
          Brain - Nexus Lewds.
          Big Brain - Lovers Lab.
          Ascended - S [ User Banned ].

• twidget
          twidget commented
          Editing a comment
          What is "S" ?
          I don't recognize it.
          Can you post a link?

Occasionally.
        On the occasion of playing an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game from Bethesda.
        The unofficial patches for fixin' bugs, texture packs to look marvelous and content addition or alteration mods.
        Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

I haven't gamed on PC for a couple years, but I got super into nodding, watching Gopher videos and spending time on my load order, mixing and matching, with different programs etc. Sometimes I'd spend more time on tinkering with that aspect than playing.

Comment

• twidget
            twidget commented
            Editing a comment
            I learned so much about modding from watching Gopher's videos.

Sometimes, very rarely. The last one I remember using is one for Civilization VI that makes the game looking like V graphically. All it does it make me want Civilization VII more, the latest one was pretty disappointing to be honest and after 1,000 hours in V, I want something new.

Comment

I prefer to play a game in its original form before I play it with mods, and since I rarely play a game more than once, I rarely use mods.
            Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

• Thomas_JCG
              Thomas_JCG commented
              Editing a comment
              I add mods as I play, like I see something that could be improved, I take a look at Nexus and almost always find what I want, and the game becomes more enjoyable.

On my PC, yes. Consoles are far too limited for many of the good mods.

Comment

Depends what the game is and what the mods are.

​​​

Comment

I'm a purist so no, only mods I'd use for a 1st playthough would be uncensor mods but so far I don't onw a PC game that requires such.
                Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

I only use mods after I've basically completed everything in the game already and want something new. Then again, I've really only used mods on TES games.

Comment

Working...
                  X