Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 246: Did you buy Death Stranding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 246: Did you buy Death Stranding?

Last Daily Poll was on Idle games.Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...le-games-games

Got myself behind on the daily poll since I've been playing Death Stranding. It's a lot of fun so far and it has drawn me in a lot more than I thought it would. Might as well have another thread where we argue about Kojima, Last Poll on Kojima and DS until something interesting happens to either to warrant a poll. Next poll is up right after this

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I bought DS
    7.14%
    I pre ordered DS
    7.14%
    I haven't bought DS and don't intend to
    42.86%
    I will buy DS in the future
    10.71%
    I might buy DS in the future
    32.14%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Nope and I said I may buy it (PC when its $20 or less) or get it free on PS+ whatever comes first.

Comment

Waiting for the Steam release.
      "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

Haven't yet, and I don't intend to even when it comes to Steam... but never say never I guess.

Comment

Yeah, man. Been playing the hell out of it. The most far out, surrealist sci fi concept I've experienced in forever. Took me awhile to move on, but that first boss battle was nuts. Got these grenades that use your own blood and this gun that fires a wrap around bola to disable high tech bandits. Car jacked their heavy duty cargo vehicle and built a whole highway in chapter 3 damn near by myself, to speederbike on.

Game is tapping into my spatial reasoning, problem solving skills and inventory management obsessions constantly, and trying to walk with realistic balancing and climbing and momentum mechanics while packing a top heavy, wobbly tower of cargo feels like a combo of Getting Over It and Octodad, if those games had actual controls and quadruple A production values.

What a way to end the decade for gaming.

Comment

I did, and I enjoyed it.

Comment

No. Might have a look when it's under £20

Comment

I will play it if someone's pays me do do it

Comment

Like all games I will wait and see, I might buy it in the future and I might not.

I don't rate kojima games too highly so if I do buy it then it'll be cheaper.

It's a general rule I have to not pre-order anything and to not buy anything the day it comes out.

Comment

The only thing stopping me from buying DS is I'm still playing through The Phantom Pain. I'll be getting DS as soon as I'm done. Can't wait!

Comment

Definitely not.
                      Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Nope. Not interested in the usual AAA manner "story first, gameplay generic, designed to be easy for the mainstream to enjoy and hard difficulty is just higher enemy stats so you repeat your moves even more often".

Comment

It's a game written entirely to express one concept and it's attached difficulties and as a result the gameplay makes me want to play anything else instead.
                          So no, I do not play walking simulators.
                          Google Stadia - "Shortly after launch"

Comment

The whole concept of Death Stranding seems like someone told Kojima that he doesn't understand Silent Hill, so he took that to mean that he just wasn't being pretentious enough.
                            Seriously though I'll give the game one thing and that's the fact that it actually evolved the concept of walking simulation. The simulation of walking in the game has actual mechanics. Even though the gameplay is almost exclusively just traveling, you don't merely press forward to walk forward. Unlike the pac-man stealth of Metal Gear, Death Stranding's main gameplay loop actually has some depth.

Comment

• Dub-Z
                              Dub-Z commented
                              Editing a comment
                              What's this? A reasonable opinion? I'm shocked and almost want to hit the like button.
                          Working...
                          X