Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 267: Will Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer be fairly monetized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 267: Will Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer be fairly monetized?

Last Daily Poll was on being a collector. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...ou-a-collector

A lot of people got fired up when Cyberpunk 2077's multiplayer was talked about in an investor's call. The multiplayer will be monetized but CDPR has given us assurance that the monetization will be wise. A lot of people are skeptical and I do not blame them at all. We've all gotten burned too many times and it's a good rule of thumb to not trust massive corporations. I don't think there's enough information to tell yet but wild speculation is an internet pass time. So here we are.

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Cyberpunk will have good monetization
    9.09%
    Cyperpunk will have bad monetization
    0%
    Cyberpunk will have neither bad nor good monetization
    4.55%
    All monetization is bad
    4.55%
    All monetization is good
    0%
    There isn't enough information for me to decide
    50.00%
    I don't care
    27.27%
    Other Opinion (reply below)
    4.55%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

As if I'll ever touch the multiplayer if I even get the game in the first place. #NoFriends
    Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Don't care. MTX won't effect the game making it unplayable. Just like with all games they can be ignored.

Comment

Not that I care about the multiplayer part but it is too soon to state one way or another (although I believe CD project won't screw up things and do not expect loot boxes)

Comment

I do trust CDPR for the most part, Their expansions for The Witcher 3 were fairly priced, and they didn’t charge a dime for cosmetic changes and all the other DLC. As it stands, pricing with multiplayer is very hard to do right, so I’m skeptical as well. I can’t decide with the little info we have though.
          I wish I could love anything as much as I hate everything
          I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I still don't think there is enough information out there to know if CDPR won't turn greedy.

We can only wait and see on the final release.
            [ Just DON'T PRE-ORDER. ]
            ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
            Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

• James27
              James27 commented
              Editing a comment
              "[ Just DON'T PRE-ORDER. ]"

Why not? Most people are getting it for the singplayer only anyway, so as long as they leave that alone who cares how much they screw up the multiplayer?

I know it wont especially be good, otherwise they would've been able to give exact details on the formula, but they also have a decent enough record to assume they wont go full on sleezebag about it.

It will probally be in the middle-slightly on the bad side. At worst, I would expect them constantly turning out cosmetic like no other game ever seen so many before. However I don't see them doing loot boxes, they'll most likely offer them separately, and some options for sets.
            Last edited by Zoltor; 12-02-2019, 02:46 AM.

Comment

If I played multiplayer games, I might care.
              I don't play them and I don't care.
              Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

If it's PVP, then it'll be dead so monetization doesn't matter.
                Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

Comment

We don't even know what the multiplayer will be like, so it's impossible to decide yet.
                  "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

I'll have moved onto the next game long before it ever releases. It will probably be a completely normal business model and product, but the internet will lose their minds about it anyway.

Comment

There is no such thing as good monetization. You either make your game for players to enjoy, or make it so you can coerce them to pay you for in-game items and advantages. You can't have it both ways.
                      Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
                      Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

Originally posted by MadMummy76 View Post
                        There is no such thing as good monetization. You either make your game for players to enjoy, or make it so you can coerce them to pay you for in-game items and advantages. You can't have it both ways.
                        That's not true at all, although seeing what AAA companies treat games, and players like, I can see how it can seem that way.

Comment

We don't know enough, they should only have stated they'll be releasing multiplayer "x" amount of time after launch. The reaction to the MTX comment was way over the top but honestly, at this point, with what developers are/were doing was so egregious that its the only way to get them out of gaming at this point. EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft... all have had huge AAA games completely flop for featuring them. Putting them in no matter how minimal at this point may actually COST you money. Insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoltor View Post

That's not true at all, although seeing what AAA companies treat games, and players like, I can see how it can seem that way.
                            An assertion made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

FYI: saying "that's not true" is meaningless in of itself, it doesn't convey any information.
                            Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
                            Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

Working...
                            X