Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 268: Did you buy anything on Black Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 268: Did you buy anything on Black Friday?

Last Daily Poll was on Cyberpunk 2077's monetization. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...irly-monetized

Yesterday was America's favorite National Holiday: Black Friday. The day where millions of Americans engage in close quarter combat to get up to 90% off on that thing you think you need but don't. There are a lot of good game and console deals this time of year and buying online saves you from bodily harm. I did not buy anything since I'm broke. Hoping to get a new job soon and then waste all my money on games again as I have been doing for years now. I do want to try out VR too. The Cosmos seems like the one for me and the holiday sale will hopefully include a lot of VR games.

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I bought nothing on black friday
    73.08%
    I bought games on black friday
    19.23%
    I bought gaming hardware on black friday
    7.69%
    I bought games and gaming hardware on black friday
    0%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

I bought 7 Corsair HD 120mm fans for my new PC build and the Kingdom Hearts Collection on PS4. I voted hardware accidently.
    Last edited by Inkedsleeve; 12-01-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

I looked, but didn't find anything worth buying. Almost bought this Metroid thing at Gamestop that had a duffle bag, a squishy morph ball, a beanie and some other stuff, but it was $50 so my cheapness kicked in.
      Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

I bought a much needed pair of shoes. My 3-year-old ones were starting to fall apart at the seams and the sole was coming undone because the glue gave out...

I live in Europe btw, so I didn't have to fight anyone to the death for these shoes, the store was nearly empty and the nice shop employee gave me a 20% discount on them. It's so nice to live on a civilized continent.
        Last edited by Latham; 12-01-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Latham
          Latham commented
          Editing a comment
          twidget No, because the air tank was provided free-of-charge as part of the free healthcare system, just like doctor appointments, chemotherapy and insulin. You wouldn't get it =/

• Borghir
          Borghir commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought some dashing patent shoes and nice aftershave for my work's X-Mas party.
          It would be nice if my British colleagues don't get black-out drunk again and ruin the shoes and fragrance with their expected projectile vomiting.

• twidget
          twidget commented
          Editing a comment
          You get what you pay for with "free" anything.
          How much does "free" health care add to your taxes?

I'll refrain from saying anything more about Europe vs America as it would only become political.
          So keep your nose stuck up in the air.and breath deeply from that tank you've got to carry everywhere.

I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC. Nothing else.
        Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
        Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

I re-bought a copy of SMTIV because I lost mine, and luckily it came with everything the day one pack did. I guess whoever bought it decided the difficulty wasn't worth it because the only file on it was a level 3 character with about 30 minutes of gameplay. SMT games are to turn-based RPG's what Dark Souls is to Action ones. Other than that, I picked up the 2nd and 3rd games in the Trails in the Sky series and Grandia 2 HD all on steam because they are overpriced as hell on console and Switch didn't even put the combo pack for Grandia on sale. Oh, and I picked up Half Life 1 and 2 as well, because I've never played them on PC, so now I that's an option for me.

Comment

Not sure what is going on with me but again I just realized I chose the option wrong as I bought the Witcher and the Witcher 2 on GOG. (Now I just need to find a pc that does not shut off after a few seconds...)

P.s: the two games costed me 4€...
            Last edited by Balta666; 12-01-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Borghir
              Borghir commented
              Editing a comment
              I recall seeing an offer on GoG exactly like that that and thought it was Witcher 3 too. I already have it so I didn't buy it, but I think I would have fallen in the same 'trap'.

• Balta666
              Balta666 commented
              Editing a comment
              I played the Witcher 3 on switch and if is not my new favourite game ever is very close to it so I decided I will give another shot to the first ones ( I played the second back in the day for a bit and did not click)

Other than a carton of milk and bread, nothing.
            "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

I got a year of PS+ for $35 and $100 of PSN credit for $80.

Other than that, all I snagged was movies.

Comment

No, I'm saving up for the 3 for 2 or 5 for 3 sales we have after christmas usually.
                Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Big fat nothing for the first time in years.

Comment

I got Darksiders III, Spider-Man, RE2 Remake, and Yakuza Kiwami 2 with the Steelbook all for $60 so four games for the price of one new one was pretty good.
                    I wish I could love anything as much as I hate everything
                    I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I bought a new beard trimmer and an electric toothbrush.
                      why isn't there an option for that??

Comment

• Irritablesquid
                        Irritablesquid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm at the hardest difficulty, I keep my eyes closed throughout.
                        I've not been able to master this yet, but I will eventually.

I always close first, brush then use mouthwash which was recommended to me by a dentist. I divide my mouth into four main areas, my tongue is seperate.
                        I start on the front of the bottom left, then bottom left top and bottom left back, each part is done for 10 seconds, 30 seconds per quarter. so I brush my teeth for 2 minutes in total.
                        My tongue is done last and it normally takes 10 seconds.
                        It will take me about 5 mins in total to floss, brush and mouthwash twice daily.

• Linkblade
                        Linkblade commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Irritablesquid wow, that's a neat strat! You must be a probrusher and protrimmererererrrrr!

... xD

• Irritablesquid
                        Irritablesquid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't like to brag but I am highly skilled in the art of brushing and trimming.
                        It didn't happen overnight, it took years of hard work and dedication to develop my technique.

I bought nothing.

Second hand shops/thrift stores have bargains all year round. Black friday means nothing to me!

Comment

Nope, nothing. I see Black Friday to be mostly for hardware. For games there is gaming store season sales. And since I currently have no need to upgrade my PC I didn't buy anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X