Daily Poll 279: Who will win GOTY 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 279: Who will win GOTY 2019

Last Daily Poll was on if you are going to watch the game awards. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...he-game-awards

The Game Awards are tomorrow so a predication poll is in order. It's not worth anything but hey I'm all for a flame war. I think it's going to be Death Stranding out of pure cronyism but that's just me. It's a bunch of journos who make the nominations and then some elite judges who make the choice along with the audience vote. It's all bought and sold as far as I'm concerned. The Oscars have been that way for decades and a lot of the gaming industry loves to play copycat with the film industry.

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Sekiro
    25.00%
    Death Stranding
    5.00%
    Control
    0%
    Super Smash Brothers
    0%
    The Outer Worlds
    0%
    Resident Evil 2
    15.00%
    KNACK 3 BABEE
    10.00%
    I can't decide
    5.00%
    I don't give a shit
    40.00%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Personally, it's hard to give a shit. Even though I know someone who was on the development team of The Outer Worlds, that's my biggest connection to any of these titles. Death Stranding is good, but not that good, same for Control, I don't support the idea that remakes and games that came out the previous year are eligible for this list, and I've never been, and I will never be, a fan of From Software games because their high and mighty, aka toxic community is the biggest turn off of any community I've ever seen.

Comment

I voted don't give a shit.
      The only listed game I give a shit about is The Outer Worlds and with Kojima's lapdog Keighley running the show, I don't figure anything but Death Stranding has a chance.
      Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

I hope it's Sekiro. From Software are putting some serious love in their art and storytelling and that can't be praised enough.

Comment

I don't care, it means nothing to me and never influences what I buy.

Comment

Resident Evil 2, might be at disadvantage for being a remake, but it's so much bigger and better than the original it can stand on its own two feet.
            "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

• Linkblade
              Linkblade commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah. Remakes are still the same game.

• Dub-Z
              Dub-Z commented
              Editing a comment
              There's two different kinds of remakes. Ones where they recreate and rebuild the game 1:1 with mostly just better, modern graphics and refined controls. The other kind is where they completely reimagine the game from the ground up to be something new, with the same premise and idea. The environments can be different, the gameplay, the events and scenarios etc, ideas can be pulled in from later entries and modern contemporaries.

The former would be straight forward remakes like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro Trilogies or the Shadow of the Colossus remake, Super Mario All-Stars, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy SNES, Link's Awakening on Switch, Rondo of Blood and Mega Man X on PSP, Ubisoft's Turtles In Time remake etc. They're the exact same game with a new skin and some extra polishing.

The latter would be games like Ratchet & Clank on PS4, Resident Evil 1, 2 (and soon 3), Metroid Zero Mission on GBA. Wayyyyy different than their original releases in every category.

KNACK 3 BOYEEEEE

I voted for Smash Bros., but Death Stranding will probably win.
            YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Out of the games I played I hope Resident Evil 2. The Outer Worlds fell short in a little too many regards for me to consider it GOTY worthy.
              Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

Comment

Most likely will be either death stranding or control (ign gave it its ward) but I would say resident evil appears to be the best game if the year

Comment

I think Death Stranding undeservedly will win. But I hope Sekiro secures the victory. It's full of abusable glitch bugs, but they still did a great job on Sekiro.

Comment

Probably Death Stranding but I really don't care.
                    Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Sekiro won despite outlets like IGN trying to smear the game as ableist back when it released.

Click image for larger version

Name:	55564441_10219355250778970_443859911986642944_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_eui2=AeFokhi6oWuh3gT-h4Ln4uo8GOAFp4uE_zy4W40911MLxzdN3xH5aloAKKNgW5dp0WRRt_HNoHJn0zO-ddcIa0EuXj7DF_qw7KZu8APTp2Q4zA&_nc_ohc=huD9HwQu5yQAQl5wwimY6kZv9tPWV3VDugrlB79GqqszZkIzMKNavn8
Views:	26
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	76285

I would have liked to see the Death Stranding salt, but close enough.
                      Last edited by Dub-Z; 12-13-2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Fair win, might not have been my top choice but it's fair.
                        "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

• Hyperweasle
                          Hyperweasle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          At least it wasn't Death Stranding just jumping in at last minute and winning.

Now Kojima must think people are just too dumb to understand his masterpiece...

Comment

• Dub-Z
                          Dub-Z commented
                          Editing a comment
                          As someone who's always weaved the meta conversation and marketing into his games, he's probably acutely aware that three years of concern trolling by outlets like IGN and the recent "Death Stranding shouldn't even be eligible because Geoff Keighley" push probably had quite an impact on how the game was received and how the jury participants felt pressured to vote.

That's what I would attribute it to anyway.

• Linkblade
                          Linkblade commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dub-Z you mean like if the show was done by someone else / under other circumstances Death Stranding would have won?

• Dub-Z
                          Dub-Z commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think if it hadn't been made needlessly controversial for so long, so consistently, it would have had a better shot. People wouldn't feel so compelled to smite it and panelists might not have felt any peer pressure when it comes time to vote. Most games don't bump heads with anti-auteur theory this much.

I think Sekiro's a decent choice. I thought it would be Smash Ultimate or Resident Evil, but at least it's not Death Stranding.

Comment

Working...
                        X