Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 280: Do you plan on buying the Xbox Series X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 280: Do you plan on buying the Xbox Series X?

Last Daily Poll was on What game would win GOTY. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...-win-goty-2019

The Game Awards seemed to be an ad filled waste of time for the most part. The Series X was revealed which is pretty interesting. It looks like a PC tower and it's pretty cool looking in my opinion. I have no plan on buying it since I have a PC with a 2080 and a Ryzen 2600. That is just me I know that the Xbox brand still has some wait with a few people on this forum. Series X is a dumb name Scarlett wasn't why hasn't the guy who cam up with these names fired yet?

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I will buy the X
    16.67%
    I won't buy the X
    46.67%
    I might buy it
    10.00%
    I don't buy consoles
    26.67%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

I don't own any of Sony or Microsoft consoles and don't think next generation will change that as they are weak PCs. I prefer the switch because it does something different

Comment

Probably. Maybe.

Comment

I never know what the future holds, so I might buy it and might not.
        It all depends on games and whether they will be on pc or not, if they're on pc then I won't buy it.

Comment

No. Don't buy consoles anymore

Comment

Now that I’ve heard that they’re going to support backwards compatibility, yes I will. It’ll probably be a while after release though, since I still have a bunch of Switch and PS4 games to get through, and I might find the PS5 more enticing.
            I wish I could love anything as much as I hate everything
            I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

Nope, why should I? I already have a much better PC.
              "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

Not too keen on the design, but I'll still get one.
                Iconoclast

Jeremy: ResetEra is a forum full of outrage merchants
                Also Jeremy: Join ExclusivelyGames, a forum full of outrage merchants

Comment

I voted for 'I don't buy consoles" because I never actually had one, but maaaaaaybe PS5 if it has backwards compatibility and a good initial lineup. Still when I think I could get another top-of-the-line GFX card for the price of one console, it suddenly becomes a very hard sell for me. A lot of planets will have to align in order for me to even buy the PS5, and I have no interest in anything else. Not Xbox, not protables like Switch, nothing else.

Comment

Yeah, I'll wind up buying it almost certainly, though it really depends on the specs that I still haven't seen. I'm sure as hell not buying it based off of the fact it looks like it should be accompanied by Thus Sprach Zarathustra every time you look at it, that's for sure. The fact it clearly has a place to take discs is encouraging.
                    Xbox Live: Goldnfoxx
                    PSN: Goldenfoxx
                    Nintendo: SW-5996-7611-3106
                    Steam: Goldenfoxx / [email protected]

Comment

• Dub-Z
                      Dub-Z commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I'm really happy there's still a disc drive, since I collect blu-ray and 4K UHD movies (even a few DVD's for titles that aren't available on other formats), and still want to be able to throw in backwards compatible 360 and original Xbox discs too. I mostly buy digital or use Game Pass for modern, but I still want the option.

I have no interest in any future non-Nintendo consoles.
                    Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Pc master race. xD
                      ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
                      Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Nope...won't be getting one til 2030 anyway. When it will be very cheap - just got a 360 (2nd hand very cheap) and am enjoying playing with that

But...I DO like the design a lot here. Nice to do something a little different (like the Gamecube) instead of standard DVD-player type shape we come to expect from these things.

My only complaint with this design... the disc slot should be horizontal, not vertical. Vertical loading always feels awkward to me for some reason. I guess they might let you tilt it on it's side but then it won't look quite as cool I don't think.
                        Last edited by Mike; 12-14-2019, 10:11 PM.
                        Offline single-player master race

Comment

Nope! I have a PC that I think will last me through the next generation and even if it doesn't, buying a new GPU will be cheaper than buying a new console.
                          Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

Comment

Why would I buy a system that has no games for it?
                            YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Working...
                            X