Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 282: Is Smash a fighting game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 282: Is Smash a fighting game?

Last Daily Poll was on buying games as Xmas gifts. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...-as-xmas-gifts

It's going to be an ooh baby a triple and the first poll is on smash. It's a massively popular game franchise that has sold millions and pushed multiple generations of consoles from the Gamecube to the Switch. There is a lot of debate over whether or not if it is an actual fighting game. It's definitely not a traditional fighting game and it gets a lot of flack from purists. I do think it's a fighting game but I don't really play fighting games so my opinion is a bit bunk.

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Smash is a fighting game
    70.59%
    Smash isn't a fighting game
    0%
    Smash is its own genre of game
    0%
    I don't care
    17.65%
    I don't play Smash
    11.76%
    Other Opinion (reply below)
    0%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Yep, what else could it be? Some people say party game, but what do you all massive tournaments in fighting games if not something akin to a party? Tournaments by the way that, Smash has been in. The only people not calling it a fighting game are those that are bitter that it won fighting game of the year, instead of their preference. It's a sad cloak to hide behind.

Comment

Originally posted by RepentantSky View Post
      Yep, what else could it be? Some people say party game, but what do you all massive tournaments in fighting games if not something akin to a party? Tournaments by the way that, Smash has been in. The only people not calling it a fighting game are those that are bitter that it won fighting game of the year, instead of their preference. It's a sad cloak to hide behind.
      I could consider it to be both, due to Smash allowing the amount of players it does, along with the large amount of different modes and items. Smash could be played in competitive tournament way or just a fun casual party way.
      Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperweasle View Post

I could consider it to be both, due to Smash allowing the amount of players it does, along with the large amount of different modes and items. Smash could be played in competitive tournament way or just a fun casual party way.
        My point is that pretty much all fighting games and can also be party games, so obviously it's both, therefore it qualifies for fighting game of the year.

Comment

You guys should have watched Capcom Cup finals this weekend. It was great.

Comment

It's a fighting game. It is different, since it kinda has platforming elements, so one could call it a platform fighting game or something.
            YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Is water wet?
              "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

• Linkblade
                Linkblade commented
                Editing a comment
                Thomas_JCG Even this question can be debated controversially! Look at water in the air, humidity. If you have 30% relative humidity the air is pretty dry, but there is still 30% water in it. Water which feels dry. If people wanna debate, there's always a straw they can cling on.

I don't play it, so i don't care.
              Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

Of course Smash Bros. is a fighting game! It doesn't matter that it's different and has its own twists in comparison to the usual fighting games. They still have enough in common to be all called fighting games!

I'm ok with the term "smash-like" to differentiate into sub genres, but a smash-like for me is still in the main genre 'fighting game'.

Comment

Working...
                X