No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 287: Do you play card games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 287: Do you play card games?

Last Daily Poll was on BOTW 2. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...me-out-in-2020

Since I'm the average student I spent a lot of my computer time at the library playing browser card games. I played golf solitaire and spit for the most part. I'm asking specifically about 52 deck card games, but CCGs and Pokemon count as well. Electronic or physical as well. I know a lot of people see no value in digital CCGs but they do allow people to play them anytime anywhere, so that's something

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I only play card games
    0%
    I used to play card games
    14.29%
    I play card games often
    7.14%
    I play card games rarely
    28.57%
    I play card games sometimes
    28.57%
    I used to play card games
    21.43%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

I played poker while I was in the Army and Navy to make spending money.
    I wasn't good enough to play in a tournaments but I was better than the average soldier or sailor.

I played a lot Pinochle in the Army.
    The Navy seemed to favor Hearts & Spades.
    Go Fish was big when my children were young.

I never got into Pokemon or CCGs.
    Last edited by twidget; 12-24-2019, 07:47 AM.
    Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

I enjoy card games in general from poker to some common ones around my place (apart from probably king I don't know their names in English)

Comment

I played a lot of solitaire on Windows XP and 7 lol. Other than that, 52-card games were never really my thing.
        I played Pokemon CCG when I was young, decided that it was a crap game so I stopped.
        Played Yu-Gi-Oh with my brother's cards for a while, but I hated the show so much, I resisted playing it as much as possible lol. I played one of the GBA games quite a bit too, which was better than collecting them IRL.
        Around the same time, I got into collecting Dragonball Z cards. I really loved the CCG, but had no one to play it with, so I got the GBA game for that too. It wasn't a very well-designed game, but I loved it anyway, ended up 100% completing it.
        After that, I stopped playing and collecting card games in general.
        YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

While partying I do like to play Poker amongst friends. I collected Pokemon cards as a kid, but never really played. My friends taught me Magic The Gathering back in the early 2000s but I never really went hookline and sinker into that game.

Online CCGs I started with Hearthstone and foolishly bought the first two expansions and card packs, then I realised just how much money I was sinking into it and alarm bells started to go off in my head. Since then I have not touched a virtual CCG and deemed them to be bad civilization, and I avoid them like the plague they are.

Comment

Very very rarely.
            Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_n6m4ibtuAT1rlybt9o2_500.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	77061

Jokes aside. Card games I have played are:

)> YuGiOh ( Before the cards became way 2 complicated for my taste ).

)> Cards Against Humanity ( My brother bought it ).

)> Old Maid ( I played it a lot with my family back in the day ).

)> Mexican 'Loteria' Card Game ( I also played this a lot with my family or at parties ).

)> 'Solitaire' Pc ( This post is approved by the Windows 95 gang ).

)> 'Poker Night 2' Pc Game (Texas Holdem with my favorite characters, I still play from time to time this Tell Tale Game, I need Poker Night 3 in my LIFE).
              ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
              Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

There's no option for "never played card games"! I'm that. I used to collect cards, yes, but never played them. Lots of kids in school played Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh but I only collected Pokemon cards, and no one actually wanted to play Pokemon in card form.

It seems like a lot of hassle anyway and I don't understand electronic cards at all. I'm a collector first, player second
                Offline single-player master race

Comment

Working...
                X