Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Poll 288: Have you watched The Witcher show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Poll 288: Have you watched The Witcher show?

Last Daily Poll was on Card games. Check it out here: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/for...lay-card-games

The Witcher show came out some days ago and I've heard some good things. The critics seem to hate it so it must have some spicy scenes in it which is a plus if they're done well. I might watch it but I could spend that time playing games or watching free content that I like. What about you guys?

Check out the Daily Poll Archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    I have watched it
    38.71%
    I have not and will not watch it
    22.58%
    I might watch it
    29.03%
    I did not even know about the show
    3.23%
    I don't care about the Witcher
    6.45%
    I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

I am currently watching it.

I think it's good, I'm enjoying it very much.
    Only issue I have is the time jumps and considering I've read all the books even I'm struggling a bit to keep track of what's going on.

I would say it's worth a watch of you like the books.

Comment

I haven't watched it but will watch it in the future.

Where was that answer?

EDIT
      I watched the first episode last night and thought it was good.

I'm not sure how many African men-at-arms were in the service of Eastern European nobility or lived in villages of that same part of the world but that discussion isn't for this forum.
      Last edited by twidget; 12-25-2019, 09:27 AM.
      Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

Yeah, I actually like it, and I'm not even that big a fan. The sets and costume work, shot composition, editing and sound design is pretty cool, Henry Cavill nails it, and it's not woke trash. Plus, I like that it feels like serialized, how shows used to be before Breaking Bad and Walking Dead... where every episode can be a mostly self-contained story, but there's still an overarching plot line.

One of the better shows I've watched this year after Dark Crystal and Too Old To Die Young.

Comment

No way. Also, what's up with all those polls.
          "Without Games, Life would be a Mistake" - All of the Founding Fathers, in unison.

Comment

After finishing Witcher 3 I have started the first one and will play the second after it. Before watching the series I want to also read the books as the lore is very very good

Comment

I don't watch shows or movies.
              YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

I'm not interested.
                Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

I'm on episode 5 so far.

Comment

Yes, and I was pleasantly surprised. I had intended to skip this series but I saw a trailer a couple weeks ago that really piqued my interest, so I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. Each episode is better than the last and the overall series was a blast. It took me a couple episodes to realize what was happening with the time jumps but once I understood, I found myself enjoying them. For the most part, the acting is decent and the only casting choice that really bothers me is Triss - who looks way too old for her role (considering she's supposed to be younger than Yen).

Comment

Nope, because I don't have Nettflix. Spending already too much on other subscriptions, anyways.
                      Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

Comment

No and I don't plan to. I don't want to subscribe to netflix just to watch it, and I don't want to see a brown-skinned woman playing yet another red-haired, green-eyed beautify just because "muh diversity", that in itself is racist. You have a description of Triss in the books, you have writer approved sketches of her, you have her in-game render, why are you butchering another redhead for diversity you fucking western moviemaker clowns?

Comment

• Irritablesquid
                          Irritablesquid commented
                          Editing a comment
                          To be fair, the game goes a little far with the redness of her hair.

Redheads must RISE UP and defeat the evil that is Hollywood.

Now that's a movie I'd watch, just sayin'
                        YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

I will at some point. I want to read the books first.
                          I wish I could love anything as much as I hate everything
                          I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I read the books, played the games, and watched some chapters from the first season, it's not at the level of previous productions, it's a cheap production.

I recommend watching the original TV series.

Games 2019: The Last Night - Biomutant - Doom Eternal - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Mount & Blade II - Dead or Alive 6 - Tunic - Pathologic 2 - Eastshade - Scorn - A Plague Tale: Innocence - Descent (2019) - Wasteland 3 - Ancestors: The Humankinf Odyssey - Moduwar - Dawn of Man - Code Vein - Little Devil Inside - Team Sonic Racing - Street of Rage 4 - DESPERADOS 3 - Kirby Extra Epic Yarn - Void Bastards - Fimbul - The Forgotten City - The Last Campfire - Outward - Devil May Cry 5

Comment

• WickedWolf
                              WickedWolf commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You mean The Hexer? That was god awful, and they didn’t even use any source material for a few of the episodes.

• Baron Baldric
                              Baron Baldric commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Have you ever seen an old thriller and ended up laughing out loud?
                          Working...
                          X