Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Where do you buy your used physical games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Where do you buy your used physical games?

There are a lot of options when it comes to buying physical games, espeically used ones, and I mean a lot, but some sell things at better prices than others. Amazon, as much as we all love it is a scalpers favorite place to be, where as Ebay, while still doing well for itself runs the risk of you betting and losing, because so many people still have the fantasy of bidding netting them more money, than just setting a price and having a "Buy it Now" option. With that said, there are some place where the used games are cheaper, even if they aren't always going to comes with cases like GameStop, so tell me, where do you prefer to buy any used games you pick up?
    Amazon
    0%
    Ebay
    29.41%
    GameStop
    5.88%
    Play-Asia
    0%
    JJGames
    0%
    eStarland
    0%
    Other
    35.29%
    I don't buy used games Online
    29.41%

It honestly a mix for me, newer games I buy from Amazon or GameStop. Older games more retro games I buy off of Ebay, they usually tend to be cheaper and have what I want. Amazon sometimes does, but alot of times really old games are harder to find on Amazon than they are on Ebay.
    Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

Comment

A bunch of different places. Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy. Usually wherever I can find a discount.
      I wish I could love anything as much as I hate everything
      I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I don't buy used games anymore, I don't buy enough games to even think about buying used games.
        I only buy a couple games a year and they tend to be several months to a year after they get released, so they tend to be slightly cheaper by then.

The sales can also make games stupidly cheap.

Comment

I love buying my used physical games on Flea-markets, pawnshops, garage sales.

But as in late I mostly buy digital games on Steam.
          ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
          Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Ebay for sure. Usually am only looking for some backwards compatible Xbox game or a limited print Vita or PS4 game that I didn't manage to catch before it sold out.

There's still a Gamestop close by, but they just closed the very last old school local, mom n pop game store here, a few months ago. Sad 'cause I had been buying stuff there back in the 90's, and had just moved back in the area a year ago.

Comment

I don't know of JJGames or eStarland, but I'll buy them from a combination of the other four, plus I go to local game shops, since we have quite a few of them around here.
              Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Other

In the past, when I did shop for used physical games, I bought from Game Stop, Amazon and ebay.
                Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

Other than Ebay for some retro games, any used games I bought have been from Gamestop. I did go to a con in august and got a bunch of PS1 games and Baten Kaitos there
                  I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Comment

I don't really buy used games. I've bought one or two from eBay.

Comment

One of my friends runs a GameXchange so I buy used games there often. You can't really beat E-Bay for games that are harder to find locally and you can get really good prices too.

Comment

Other - I don't buy used games at all. Also I don't buy physical games at all. I'm a PC gamer only right now. I only buy digital copies via keys or directly to download from servers.
                        In my childhood I played through all Nintendo consoles from NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube and then got to PC. I've got a Wii U with a few games being Zelda Twilight Princess, Zelda BotW, Bayonetta 2 and Just Dance, but I only use it rarely to guide my daughter with Zelda. And even in my console days we always bought games new for full price and only bought a couple of them off from friends.

Digitally distributed games are criminally cheap steals today anyway. There's no reason for me to buy a used product / key and running into risk of hassle when buying properly is already damn low priced.

Comment

I use mostly CEX (not sure but probably a Europe only chain dedicated to all kind of used itens like games/consoles, movies, phones, etc) but have been to a couple retro markets (those are quite fun)

Comment

Usually ebay.
                            Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

I usually check Amazon first to see how much the game costs new or used, but if I can't find an affordable copy there, I check Ebay and then buy whichever is cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X