Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: What do You Think of the Last 24 Hours of News?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: What do You Think of the Last 24 Hours of News?

The last day of news has been pretty wild in the industry, from Sony skipping E3 again, to new trailers for DOOM Eternal and Resident Evil 3, to the delays of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Marvel's Avengers, and then finally the reveal of Smash Bros Direct showing off the final character of DLC pack 1 and probably if Nintendo is smart, the first one of DLC pack 2. Even Bioshock: The Collection was rated for Switch and Genshin Impact was also announced for the Switch during this time. There are more stories besides to, basically leading to this being a pretty crazy 24 hours, but that's my point. There's just a lot going on. With all of that in mind, what are your thoughts on all of this?
    It's great, this year has been dead until now
    5.26%
    It's mostly bad news anyways so...
    21.05%
    E3 sucks so whatever
    5.26%
    Delays are a good thing
    10.53%
    I just, don't care
    57.89%

Maybe interesting to console owners, but as a PC gamer it doesn't make we warm or cold.
    To be honest I didn't know about any of these topics and have not even bothered to look them up either.

Sorry to be the first Negative Nancy.

Comment

• Linkblade
      Linkblade commented
      Editing a comment
      Borghir exactly what I wanted to answer too.

Doom Eternal and Resident Evil 3 are cool.

Final Fantasy 7 delay is probably just to get some breathing room since the first half of this year is way too packed with heavy hitters all fighting for the same wallets, and only a small minority of people like me would buy multiple games a month.

I don't have much optimism for the Avengers game, delay or not. I just can't help but think about how dynamic and insane the gameplay of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was compared to seeing Hulk slowly jog on a bridge and fist fight armed humans in such a disproportionate way.

I think Sony might have come back this year, but they also probably want to make sure they get to announce their price after Microsoft announces their's.

Comment

Originally posted by Borghir View Post
      Maybe interesting to console owners, but as a PC gamer it doesn't make we warm or cold.
      To be honest I didn't know about any of these topics and have not even bothered to look them up either.

Sorry to be the first Negative Nancy.
      I mean, that's fine and all, but some of these games are coming to PC, like Doom and Resident Evil 3, which actually got some of the good news so, in a way, this should have some of your interest unless you don't care for those titles.

Comment

I just don't care ...

If Sony goes to E3 or does a press conference.

No gamer alive will live to see the FF VII remake finished and released.
        Gamers yet unborn will die before it's release.
        I'm 71, I'll never see it. Why do I care?

I have no Switch.

About Bioshock. (see previous comment)
        Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

Originally posted by RepentantSky View Post

I mean, that's fine and all, but some of these games are coming to PC, like Doom and Resident Evil 3, which actually got some of the good news so, in a way, this should have some of your interest unless you don't care for those titles.
          I like both Doom and RE, but I'm not going to be surprised about anything. D1 and the previous 2 RE's did extremely well and are genuinely good games, but it's all stuff we've seen before. I'm craving for more new IPs.

Comment

• Linkblade
            Linkblade commented
            Editing a comment
            Borghir Have you looked up the indie game picks 2019 of ES?
            also the column X [this month] Indie Games Worth Checking Out has pretty good picks of every month's best indie gems to provide new IP ;-)

• Borghir
            Borghir commented
            Editing a comment
            I have played Everspace a bit actually. I thought I'd get along with a controller, but it's definitely a mouse an keyboard game. I flew around a bit looking for resources and got wrecked the first time I encountered a decent group of enemies. I'll keep it installed as it different then what I usually play, but I have to say I'm not overwhelmed by it at the moment. Happily playing Torchlight 1 at the moment and then 2. I am a loot fan and don't mind grinding until my eyes bleed.

I checked the indie games and I have about 5 of them on my wish-lists. There are definitely some good games (Hades/Disco Elysium are top in my list), but I'm waiting for the 'best-ever' discounts.

• Linkblade
            Linkblade commented
            Editing a comment
            Borghir I had the same experience with Everspace first. Went into it, got wrecked, wasn't hooked. I actually wanted to uninstall it. I let it alone for quite some time but then I gave it another shot. And once it clicked for me how to play this it got a lot of fun. I'm not saying this is for everyone, but that it still could be for you. Have you taken my tips into account?

Well the only news I got really is that there won't be a Nintendo direct this week and I am definitely pissed...

Comment

Well, delay is good for the games. But I don't care that much for AAA and also most of it is console related.

Comment

FFVII got revealed almost 5 years ago so a delay is no surprise to me. New Smash character is exciting hope it's out of left field
              I'm crawling deeper and deeper into backlog hell. Also I stream on dlive: https://dlive.tv/jokerthefoolio

Comment

I don't care.
                E3 isn't something I care about and game delays can be good if the end product is worth it. Sadly it is rarely worth it nowadays.

Comment

They could keep E3 relevant for longer if they shift it into a fan convention rather than a corporate circle jerk. I think. Maybe.
                  Check out my YouTube channel with silly Smash Bros. content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

• Dub-Z
                    Dub-Z commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, they could, but games media complains about it being open to the public and it being streamed live, because they don't get to control the flow of information. So complaining journos + Sony rage quit = "E3 is dead"

None of these news has a direct effect on me.
                  Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Nothing much to care about. I still am excited for Doom, RE3, and the FF VII remake. I’m kind of glad for the delay, because that will give me time to finish Doom, and a little time before Cyberpunk.
                    I wish I could love anything as much as I hate everything
                    I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

Working...
                    X