Poll: Coronavirus Delays/shortages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Coronavirus Delays/shortages

The Coronavirus is obviously something that is getting a lot of media attention lately. Despite it's low percentage of actual deaths, that being 2% of those who contracted it actually dying, to prevent the spread of the virus, China has effectively shut down travel, business and commerce in general. It does appear to be working as the rate of victims is decreasing. However it could be a while yet before business is usual is happening in the country, and with all three major console companies shipping consoles out of Taiwan, shortages of Switch's and possibly the next generation of consoles getting delayed is within the realm of possibility. Already the port of Outer Worlds for Switch has been delayed due to the Coronavirus.

So with the next generation possibly getting delayed, and the Switch possibly facing shortages, and even other products like the new Iphone facing delays, I want to know what you think about the Coronavirus' impact on media as a whole?
    I'm glad it's been taken seriously
    57.89%
    The News is just making it out to be worse than it is
    15.79%
    Who cares, China sucks
    5.26%
    I'm not happy about the possibility, but I get it
    0%
    It's even affecting non-gaming products?
    0%
    Nothing is worth spreading the virus
    15.79%
    I want my, I want my next gen games
    0%
    I'm not happy about it, but, okay
    0%
    I don't care
    0%
    Other
    5.26%

I'm glad it's being taken seriously.
    Despite the fact that this virus is dangerous to weakened individuals (preexisting medical conditions and the like) it's still not anywhere close to being a "God bug", but if China is doing their best instead of hiding their head in the sand then that's good enough for me.
    Google Stadia - "Shortly after launch"

Comment

I think the 2% death rate is a bit misleading because it compares the total number of cases to the number of deaths, even though the number of recoveries is actually quite small in comparison to the total number of cases. The number of cases is approximately 40,000 and the number that have died is nearly 1,000, but the number that have recovered is only around 3,000, meaning that when comparing the death to recovery rate, for those who have contracted the virus, 1 in 3 died while 2 in 3 have recovered and the rest we don't know because they still have the disease. I'm glad it's being taken serious because it's something that needs to be taken very seriously.

Comment

Although I also agree that media is making it bigger than it is I am happy that it is taken serious.

Screw video games delays and other first world problems lol

Comment

I like the fact it's being taken seriously but I do believe the media is fear mongering as usual.
          Some of the media in the U.K have claimed we are facing a "major outbreak".

Coronavirus needs to be taken seriously or the death toll will rise, I do think most of us are safe and the doom and gloom spread by the media should be ignored.

Comment

I don't trust the media, they are making it sound worse than what it is.

Still, it's not the end of the world, sooner or later everything will get back in order and business in the gaming industry will continue as usual.
            ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
            Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

You guys think the media is taking it seriously? Have you seen the latest videos of people getting taken from their house, looking perfectly healthy, feeling healthy and then the Chinese government says "Though you aren't sick you have this virus. Come we are going to take you by force to the 'hospital.' Sure it looks like a prison as was built in 5 days, its PERFECTLY safe." Media is covering for China because they are the ones paying their salaries.

Comment

• Goldenfoxx
                Goldenfoxx commented
                Editing a comment
                Without diving headlong into conspiracy territory (yet), if nothing else, this emergency is certainly politically convenient for the Chinese government. I'm not gonna say it's a man-made virus or anything like that or that it was unleashed intentionally. But if the Pooh was looking for a way to exert more control, he definitely isn't having to look too far right now. And from the videos coming out, assuming they're on the level, show exactly that.

I’m glad they’re treating it seriously. Things like this terrify me, so I for anything to contain it. Just keep it away from me!

Comment

It is good that it is taken seriously, but the level they reacted makes me suspect that this is not a random outbrake, and chine knows more than they let on. The timeline just doesn't add up. They reacted way too quickly and vehemently.
                Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
                Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

I think the media isn't reporting/doesn't have the true numbers. I think that it is much more severe that people believe. I'm pretty sure now it is being shown as getting worse. I believe that China would lie about severity if it was really severe.

Comment

Working...
                  X