Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is planning on watching the Sonic Movie in theaters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is planning on watching the Sonic Movie in theaters.

This is the night before it set to release (or at least in the US anyways). I just wanted to know how many were planning on going to watch it in theaters with the new redesign and all. I personally am looking forward to going to see it in theaters with my little sister, but I just wanted to get your thoughts as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sonic.png Views:	0 Size:	1,012.3 KB ID:	79505
    Yeah totally, it's going to be way past cool.
    30.77%
    I'd rather have Dr. Robotnik robotize me.
    23.08%
    I'm too slow and will wait till after theaters.
    46.15%
    Last edited by Hyperweasle; 02-14-2020, 03:57 AM.
    Hippity hoppity, your spam is now my property!

I AM GOING TOMORROW!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	sonic-legs_o_1066478.gif Views:	0 Size:	551.2 KB ID:	79510

[ I won't deny that I am slightly disappointed they won't follow / use the Sonic Comic Lore.
    I loved the comics as a kid.
    ]

Click image for larger version  Name:	632937.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	79511
    ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
    Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

Originally posted by Necromancerx69 View Post
      [ I won't deny that I am slightly disappointed they won't follow / use the Sonic Comic Lore.
      I loved the comics as a kid.
      ]
      There is always a possibility for a sequel which I hope is similar to the comic books and Sat Am cartoon, with them on Mobius. Like in the next Sonic movie I could imagine Dr. Robotnik finding a way to go back to Sonic's world and then have the whole Freedom Fighters vs Dr. Robotnik. Since they listened to the fans on the redesign they may listen to having less human characters and more Sonic characters as well in the future.

Comment

Not hyped for it. I was never a Sonic fan anyway.
        Will wait until it's on Netflix.

Comment

• Hyperweasle
          Hyperweasle commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes sense, I don't go see game movies in theater either (Actually I think this will be my first) for that same reason, not a big enough fan for most of them to care. Plus most are just down right awful.

I was not going to watch it but hell they swapped the design and it looks like fans of the character are enjoying it so let's go for it! (When it reaches my town...)

Comment

• Hyperweasle
          Hyperweasle commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, the only thing I'm not really a fan of is some of the soundtrack for the film, but meh mild complaint.

Maybe. I collect physical media movies, but I don't go to the theater often. Only went out to see Glass and Joker last year.

Comment

Not me.

[insert spam for the arbitrary 10 character minimum here]
          YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-Z View Post
            Maybe. I collect physical media movies, but I don't go to the theater often.
            Same here. Last time i went to movie theater was 2008. it's overpriced, I don't care about THX or Dolby surround sound or whatever, I don't care about seeing on a big screen and i especially don't care about having to sit around a lot of dumb kids all on their phones rather than watching the movie, because they have an attention span of less than 2 minutes (maybe thats why movies these days seem to be non-stop action... show these kids an old western or anything black and white, even the master Alfred Hitchcock, and they'd probably fall fast asleep...)

For the same price as going to the movie theater I could buy probably 50 DVDs of movies i actually do want to see, and watch them in the comfort of my own home, and not have to worry about being stabbed, assaulted or murdered on the way home from the movie theater. Sounds like the best course of action...
            Offline single-player master race

Comment

The last movie I actually watched in theaters was the 1st movie from the recent Godzilla reboot, I prefer being at home. Not sure yet if I'm gonna buy this on bluray.
              Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

I am back from the Theater and I LOVE IT!!!!

Sure, the movie script and lore could have been done way better, but I still liked it.

I heard around Youtube that humans should had more screen time, I disagree, I am happy the movie is not that focused on humans.

[ it's Jim Carry even human. xD I also loved him, but then I always enjoyed old Jim Carry films. ]

The only thing I did not like of the movie, it's trying to make the humans useful (I will kill you with my stick). Besides that it was an ok movie. I can't wait for the second one if they make it.

If any of you ever played sonic games, GO WATCH IT! If not, it's an ok family movie with the usual cliche of the power of FRIENDSHIP! besides that it's cool.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DhSPWlyUYAAQnW-.jpg:large.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	79606
                ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
                Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

• Dub-Z
                  Dub-Z commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You always hear that about Godzilla movies too. Half the people saying there wasn't enough time spent on human stuff, and half the people saying there was too much.

• Necromancerx69
                  Necromancerx69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I watch it again today, but this time I brought my family with me. They all loved it. xD

• Necromancerx69
                  Necromancerx69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dub-Z
                  It's all about taste, some people like to see the reactions / feelings of other humans trying to overcome the happenings on their respective movies.
                  Some people just don't care about humans and want to focus more on the action.

In my case, I enjoy action movies to be focus more on the main characters / creatures.
                  But, if it's a horror movie, I do enjoy to focus more on the humans / side characters, than the main killer or even the main character (we all know it's going to get out alive in the end, at least on most horror movies the main character always lives). xD

Originally posted by Necromancerx69 View Post
                I am back from the Theater and I LOVE IT!!!!

Sure, the movie script and lore could have been done way better, but I still liked it.

I heard around Youtube that humans should had more screen time, I disagree, I am happy the movie is not that focused on humans.

[ it's Jim Carry even human. xD I also loved him, but then I always enjoyed old Jim Carry films. ]

The only thing I did not like of the movie, it's trying to make the humans useful (I will kill you with my stick). Besides that it was an ok movie. I can't wait for the second one if they make it.

If any of you ever played sonic games, GO WATCH IT! If not, it's an ok family movie with the usual cliche of the power of FRIENDSHIP! besides that it's cool.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DhSPWlyUYAAQnW-.jpg:large.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	79606
                Yep just got back not too long ago too and I also really enjoyed it. However I agree about the human thing and actually I hope the next movie has even less of the humans. I think for main human roles Jim Carry is enough for any of the future movies. Really I can see this being one of the few franchises where the sequel blows the first movie out of the water.

Comment

I can wait. I haven’t been to a theater in years, and I wasn’t too excited for this movie in the first place.
                  I wish I could love anything as much as I hate everything
                  I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I am debating whether to go or not. Not because I feel like I owe it to the guys for remaking Sonic, but simply because I had fun watching Detective Pikachu and this looks like more silly fun and because I feel like going to the cinema and feel like going out to watch something new. I enjoy the dark ambience of the room and the big screen

Comment

I'd like to go. I just don't know if I'm going to have time to while it's still in theaters.

Comment

Working...
                      X