Poll: Thoughts on E3 this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Thoughts on E3 this year?

I know E3 isn't exactly popular around here, and up until the leaks last year, I wasn't with any of you who don't like it, but this year is already feels like a complete mess. From Geoff Kieghly backing out, to no Sony again, to The ESA leaking the publishers list after promising to "be better" this year, to their intent to have influencers and celebrities appear more than they already do, to the hope from them to sell more tickets to the show this year, E3 is looking to be a massive mess. It feels like they even got Limited Run Games to declare their show time early to try and generate hype in the middle of all this bad news, like most of us aren't smart enough to one, know a publicity stunt when we see it, and two, to not know that Limited Run Games, great as they are, have a horrible show at E3, that's hard to watch because they don't really seem to know what they are doing. No matter how you look at it, E3 is looking bad this year, and I don't know about the rest of you (hence why I'm asking) but any CG trailer that happens this year is a complete check out from me. I don't want CG trailers, I want gameplay, and honestly I'm so uninterested in in E3 this year, because I fear it will just be another CG fest, that even the Xbox Series X and potential other next gen games that could be announced aren't doing it for me. Let me know what you think about it though.
    I love E3 and always will
    5.56%
    E3 is dead and should remain dead
    16.67%
    E3 is whatever
    27.78%
    I'm just gonna watch the best trailers and not worry about the rest of it
    11.11%
    E3 is a joke
    27.78%
    Give me Xbox, or give me death!
    0%
    I don't Care
    5.56%
    Other
    5.56%

I just want the announcements and trailers at this point. Everything else is pointless to me.
    I wish I could love anything as much as I hate everything
    I also make videos https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpvjyJGhppM0bExHo74vBsA

Comment

I like video games, so I like E3.

Comment

It is sad but E3 is about do die... I would not be surprised if this is the last "big" one

Comment

I used to religiously watch the Xbox and PS stage presentations from E3, I will definitely miss those. Now its meaningless with the internet out and social media, at the end of the day these companies do their own press release with a blog post or something.

Comment

I have some bad news about E3 (spoiler alert, it's dead).

Click image for larger version

Name:	17htka.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	79604
            ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
            Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

It's whatever. I only watch it live if Youtubers I like are reacting live to it. Otherwise, I just look up everything afterwards.
              YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

E3 is very far detached from celebrating video games, and year after year it becomes more of a shitshow filled with celebrities peddling games and supporting products with their faces that they have no idea about. There's hardly any room left for smaller studios and indies to set up their own booths and it all goes to the big corporations, probably sold for draconic sums of money. So these megacorporations like Sony decided to stop giving E3 money and make their own Expo solely focused on them and their upcoming games & consoles.

I feel like this is poetic justice. You sell out more and more to the big companies while giving the shaft to the smaller ones, and when these big companies decide to abandon you, you die because you have nothing else to show at your so-called "gaming event".

As it is every year, I will not watch E3 but instead wait for YongYea or someone to make a recap video that won't be longer than 10 minutes.

Comment

Like last year already I#m only gonna watch Nintendo's E3 Direct and Treehouse presentations of games I want to see more of.
                  All those changes are awful, I want less celebs and less Youtubers, I want to see games and nothing else.
                  Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

I don't care one way or the other, really. Most current gen games are garbage and if I'm really interested in anything new coming out, I'll just google upcoming games for Switch or something and watch gameplay trailers for them on Youtube. E3 is just Youtube trailers with unskippable ads and commentators whose opinions I don't care about.

Comment

I don't care, I've never cared for E3 and I don't think I ever will.
                      I consider it to be a waste of time.

Comment

E3 is whatever.

I'm becoming more and more disillusioned with E3 each year. Microsoft rarely put on a good show as it seems they try and pack as many game announcements as possible with seemingly no thought to structure, and barely any of them are exclusives. I skip most of EA's showing, since most of it is sport's games and the rest is pretty predictable. Sony was always my favourite, so them pulling out is the biggest damper. I loved Bethesda's first two E3s, but even they have become disappointing, last year's being especially boring.

Comment

I used to be excited for it in like 1996 when it seemed larger than life, but it wasn't interesting for a while now, and they finally went woke.
                          I'll probably watch some of the trailers released, but that ccould've been uploaded to youtube with or without an actual E3.
                          Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
                          Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

For me somehow E3 has always been Nintendo games being showcased. Didn't hear much about the others, but I never really cared for game expositions and don't do so today. These are the big participating companies on E3:

Activision Publishing
                            Amazon Game Studios
                            BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
                            Bethesda Softworks
                            Capcom USA, Inc.
                            Deep Silver, Inc.
                            Epic Games Inc.
                            GungHo Online Entertainment America
                            HORI USA
                            Kalypso Media Group
                            KontrolFreek
                            NCSOFT
                            nDreams
                            Nintendo of America Inc.
                            NVIDIA
                            Oculus
                            RDS Industries Inc.
                            Rebellion
                            SEGA
                            Square Enix, Inc.
                            Take-Two Interactive Software
                            THQ Nordic
                            Ubisoft Entertainment SA
                            UnnamedVR by Paracosma
                            Warner Bros. Games
                            Xbox
                            XSEED Games
                            Xsolla

Comment

I like E3 still to this day, mainly for the PC games and the chance to see games I have not heard about.

Comment

Working...
                              X