I'm playing the game with one hand and answering this poll with the other
    0%
    I just paused the game to answer this poll
    0%
    I have no way of seeing this poll because I'm currently playing it
    16.67%
    *Shotgun noises*
    50.00%

I am currently loading my shotgun with malicious intent as I wait for the 37.4GBs to finish downloading.

Comment

Other.

I'll wait for a hefty discount during a Steam sale.
      At least 60->70% off.
      Maybe during the Winter Sale of 2120.
      Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

• Linkblade
        Linkblade commented
        Editing a comment
        same here.

• Linkblade
        Linkblade commented
        Editing a comment
        wait...2120? We'll all be dead by then! xD

• twidget
        twidget commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm an optimist.

Other.

My toaster can't run the game, not even regular New Doom.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	gJgptKbP2g3hyJjqnPcUan-320-80.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	80814

But as soon all this madness of Corona blows over, I might save enough money for a new desktop Pc (looking for a powerful Pc build).
      ( ´・ω・`)_且~ Would you care to join me for a cup of tea?
      Sips Tea Majeeeeestically!

Comment

• Necromancerx69
        Necromancerx69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cuzin_Ed Yeah, You are right, I should build my own desktop.

But my only fear is messing things up by thinking "This could work", and the only thing I did was fucking things up by making it even slower after spending a lot of money or worse turn it into a time bomb (works now, but will blow up a year or months later). I already have saved like 700 bucks just for my Pc (not counting the money I have saved for my daily life: Rent, food, etc).

• Cuzin_Ed
        Cuzin_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        Necromancerx69 You could always ask around online. People will help you pick hardware that will work well together. You could even pay someone $5 to make a parts list for you. Though you could also find people willing to do it for free.

I was nervous as shit about my first build and I had the same problems as you. I was worried about screwing something up. It took me 3 days to build my PC back in 2016. When I got too stressed out or hit an issue that I couldn't figure out on my own I would take a break. I had another PC I would use to look for help online. People were pretty helpful.

You could try discords or Reddit. Ask some people here. There is a PC category on this forum.

• Linkblade
        Linkblade commented
        Editing a comment
        Necromancerx69 Cuzin_Ed is right. You should build your own PC and there are tons of people knowing how it works and who are grateful to help. You know in exchange of helping you they get the opportunity to use their knowledge and the feeling to be the masterfully ultra geek and they really appreciate that!

Also, if you would like to educate yourself a bit more before building you can learn it virtually with PC Building Simulator!

No thanks.
      Hail Kizuna Ai

Comment

Not yet. Gonna get it some time down the line.
        YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

Nope and I have no plans to.
          Doom isn't my kind of game.

Comment

Not atm. No money rn

Comment

I am playing it. I was playing yesterday morning. It's fucking awesome. Going back to Doom 2016 is going to be hard. While it's a great game. Eternal is just an amazing sequel and evolution to an already great game. If Doom 2016 is what Doom 3 should have been then Doom Eternal is what Doom 2016 should have been.

It's an amazing game.

My i7 6700 and and RTX 2070 Super just chews the game up. I can't get MSI afterburner/RivaTuner display to work with the game. I can only use the in game performance metric but from the few hours I played the game ran at a steady 60 fps at all times on ultra nightmare across all graphics settings. Of course it's at 1080p. I am sure I could pull this off at 1440p. Maybe even 4K if I lower some settings.

Unlike RDR2 that still runs like shit 4 months later. This game is very well optimized. It runs very well. This game starts up and runs as you would expect it to. I am so glad I preordered. I got everything. Doom 64 and all the extra preorder stuff. The classic shotgun skin, the old Doom weapon sounds. I just have to figure out how to turn that all on.

Rockstar and the other big AAA devs should take note. id knocked it out of the park with Eternal. They used that extra time to polish the game. It works like a AAA game should on launch. This is going to be one of those games people remember far into the future. Especially at a time when the PC gets so many shitty ports dumped on it. Looking at you RDR2 and Metro Exodus. Rockstar you incompetent chuckle fucks. I love RDR2 and RDR1 but that PC port is just fucking awful.

TLDR; Fuck yeah I am playing it. Hopping back and forth between Doom 2016 and Eternal is amazing.

Comment

• mangaka92
                mangaka92 commented
                Editing a comment
                I tried Doom 2016 again after I finished Doom Eternal and noticed that the game was much more sparse with enemies and the gameplay was much slower overall. I could really take my time killing enemies and charging the pistol to take care of enemies while you really can't do that in Doom Eternal. I also kept trying to dash in Doom 2016 and was frustrated that I couldn't. Lol They're both fantastic games and Eternal was absolutely worth the pre-order price.

• Cuzin_Ed
                Cuzin_Ed commented
                Editing a comment
                mangaka92 I preordered RDR2 cause I thought after GTA V Rockstar could pull off a decent PC release. They can't. I preordered Doom Eternal several months ago and it's not a disappointment like RDR2 was and still is.

Yes it was well worth the preorder price.

• mangaka92
                mangaka92 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's unfortunate, I agree. Doom Eternal is one of the first pre-orders I've grabbed in a very, very long time and I'm so glad I did. It's one of maybe like five games where I've felt that buying the game at full price was worth it. It also doesn't hurt getting Doom 64 as a pre-order bonus. There's some glitches to iron out in the game, but I imagine they'll be taken care of rather quickly because they're pretty minor issues. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do for the future DLC.

Originally posted by Cuzin_Ed View Post
              If Doom 2016 is what Doom 3 should have been then Doom Eternal is what Doom 2016 should have been.
              In fact, the current Doom is a successor to Quake 3, the real Doom 3 is Prodeus. Arena shooters and maze shooters have very different gameplay.

vs

The hook is quite characteristic of Quake

Last edited by Baron Baldric; 03-22-2020, 06:40 AM.
              Games 2019: The Last Night - Biomutant - Doom Eternal - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Mount & Blade II - Dead or Alive 6 - Tunic - Pathologic 2 - Eastshade - Scorn - A Plague Tale: Innocence - Descent (2019) - Wasteland 3 - Ancestors: The Humankinf Odyssey - Moduwar - Dawn of Man - Code Vein - Little Devil Inside - Team Sonic Racing - Street of Rage 4 - DESPERADOS 3 - Kirby Extra Epic Yarn - Void Bastards - Fimbul - The Forgotten City - The Last Campfire - Outward - Devil May Cry 5

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
                Cuzin_Ed commented
                Editing a comment
                id couldn't make Quake like Doom. Doom used 2d sprites and some kind of technique to make them appear 3D. Quake was an actual 3D game. They couldn't have loads of monsters on screen like in Doom. So Quake relied on arenas and a limited number of really difficult enemies. Just like Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. So yeah they are a lot like Quake.

• mangaka92
                mangaka92 commented
                Editing a comment
                They are very similar, for sure. Not necessarily a bad thing, though.
                Prodeus looks fantastic! I've never heard of it.

Anyone who has any doubts about their PC being able to handle the game I suggest buying the game and giving it a try. As always tweak settings. It runs pretty well. You might be able to pull it off with a few tweaks.

You can always get a refund on Steam.

Comment

My son uses an i7 3770 and SAPPHIRE Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 5700XT.
                It runs the game in 1080P with maxed out settings.
                Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

• mangaka92
                  mangaka92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's pretty amazing how smoothly it runs. It's really well optimized.

I kinda wasn't connecting with it at first, compared to Doom 2016, but once I settled into the new combat groove and the level designed get even crazier, it's pretty damn good. Dodging in FPS feels surprisingly natural and very Sekiro-esque. Runs 1800p 60 fps on the Xbox One X at least. Id Tech is amazing.

Also, I love how they doubled down on the "mortally challenged" jokes in the Gore Nest map. That's the one I just finished, and it had me grinning a lot.

Comment

• mangaka92
                  mangaka92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's all it takes and once it clicks, it feels amazing and you feel unstoppable. I've seen some negative reviews on Steam and it looks like a lot of people that disliked the game didn't stick with the game long enough for it to click. The game pushes you to learn how to juggle, and once you can, it's a ton of fun.

• Dub-Z
                  Dub-Z commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Juggling too, that's part of it. I'm playing on console, so the weapon wheel is probably a bit more cumbersome than hotkeys, but yeah, feeling calmer and more focused when it's time to switch to a heavy weapon, or plasma rifle for shields, has become more second nature. My go to weapon is still the regular shotgun with it's sticky bomb most of the time.

• mangaka92
                  mangaka92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup, that's the way it was for me. I stuck to the regular shotgun a lot in the first half, but by the last five levels or so, I ended up switching to mainly the super shotgun. The meat hook is extremely useful and really fun to use. Chaining together double jumps, double dashes, swinging off of bars, and then using the meat hook to reach the enemy and take him out with the super shotgun is just so fluid and fun to execute. I went back to Doom 2016 immediately after finishing Doom Eternal and it felt a lot slower and sort of underwhelming. I actually had time to make headshots and use the charged shots of the pistol. It's really only practical to make headshots in Doom Eternal when you've unlocked a certain very useful rune.

My PC isn't even all that good and I can't seem to get the game to run under 100fps

Comment

• twidget
                  twidget commented
                  Editing a comment
                  chuckled out loud

• mangaka92
                  mangaka92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It plays really nicely. I was expecting a little lag and some slowdowns given it's a new game. Nope.

Yes and I'm having a hard time getting into it . The 2016 game had me hooked from the start.

Comment

• Cuzin_Ed
                  Cuzin_Ed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The game is pretty much the same as Doom 2016 it's just faster and more difficult.

• mangaka92
                  mangaka92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wasn't totally sold on it in the beginning, either, but once I got going and started getting into the rhythm of the game, it got really good and now I like the gameplay more than Doom 2016. I fired up Doom 2016 after completing Doom Eternal and it felt much slower and underwhelming. Still fantastic, but it had a very different flavor to it.
              Working...
              X