The TLOU2 poll - no spoilerino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TLOU2 poll - no spoilerino

How did the leaks affect your disposition towards the game?
    I have heard the spoilers, and still going ahead with purchasing the game
    6.25%
    I avoided the spoilers, and still going to buy the game
    6.25%
    I have heard the spoilers, and I'm not going to buy the game because of the revelations
    18.75%
    I have heard the spoilers, and it makes me even more excited for the game
    0%
    I'm going to wait for actual peer reviews to decide
    6.25%
    I'm not buying the game because of how they handled the situation
    6.25%
    I wasn't interested in the game to begin with.
    56.25%
    Other
    0%
    Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
    Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

I'm unlikely to buy the game, I'll just watch a review of it.
    I really enjoyed the first game and became quite attached to the characters and finding out what happens has put me off.

If it turns out the story is great and my worries were unfounded then fine, I'll probably get it when it's on sale or free. It worries me when the voice actor for one of the characters tells fans to play the game with an open mind, if it was not for the recent history of video games I would not be worried.

Hearing about what was going on in Naughty Dog with the crunch and staff issues makes me worry for the game and the future games they might make.

Hopefully the game is good but I've learned from past disappointments, I'm not getting the game until I've seen some reviews from people I trust and even then I might not bother.

Comment

I did not play the first one and I have read a bit about the spoilers. As I don't own a PS does not even count but in the end I don't play horror/zombie/survival games

Comment

I'll just wait until it comes out so I more than leaks to go off of.
        I got my health...... still waiting for my wealth.

Comment

Played the first game, thought it was okay, but one of the most overrated video games ever, so I didn't care when the second one was announced.
          I've mostly just been silently laughing in my little corner at all the leaks and stuff that's been going on.
          YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCss...o9fW5snApff8YQ

Comment

I wasn't interested in TLOU and have no interest in playing TLOU2.

I am enjoying all the drama over the game's leaked content.
            It provides the satisfaction & entertainment of a successful troll with none of the effort.
            It's hilarious.
            Last edited by twidget; 05-22-2020, 06:48 AM. Reason: clarity
            Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

I played the first one on the PS3, the gameplay was repetitive and frustrating, but I really liked the story and the sheer brutality of it. It felt real, not the typical idealistic stories. It held no punches, but in the end everyone who needed to be put down was put down. The fact that some of the positive characters were also killed made the stakes real, you didn't know who is going to make it and who won't.

As for the second game, the original brutal cinematic trailer told me that this will be more of the same as the first game, so It got on the top of my most wanted list.
              As for the leaks, I tried to avoid the spoilers, but I couldn't help but deduce the gist of it. And frankly It doesn'T make me any less excited for the game. It might have been more upsetting if I realized it while playing, but now that I'm expecting it, I'm not bothered.

I'm still looking forward to playing the game, and the prospect that we might get other playable characters than Ellie, makes me more excited, not less.

The cries about the SJW agenda makes me concerned, but I'll judge it for myself. The existence of transgender and gay characters in the game doesn't automatically make it bad. It's all dependent on how its written.
              Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
              Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

I enjoyed the first game, but I was always on the fence about the sequel due to how Uncharted 4 was handled and Naughty Dogs philosophy since then (we don't use the word fun, Doughnut Drake is too immature etc.). The trailers are what fully turned me off the game ironically enough. All the recent leaks and how ND is handling the situation is just confirming I made the right choice.

Comment

Modern ND games are so cinematic that you get the entire experience out of simply watching someone else "play" so I have no interest for any of them. You can legally pirate them on Twitch.

Comment

I legit bought the collectors edition of The Last of Us Part II. Not the Ellie Edition, because that feels like a rip off, but the one below that. The Last of Us is just about my favorite game from the last gen of consoles and absolutely has my favorite DLC from that gen, as few as I've bought over the years. I think people have the right to be mad at Naughty Dog for crunch time and their take downs of YouTube videos, but they are by far not the only company to do it, and most others that have, have been worse about it than Naughty Dog's been. I'm not happy with it, and this may, or may not be my last purchase from them as a result, but I'm not going to let that ruin my fun.

Comment

I always search for reviews before deciding to play a game or not. So I have heard the spoilers, and I'm not going to buy the game because of the revelations
                      geometry dash 3D

Comment

Working...
                      X