Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saints Row: The Third Remaster, are you getting it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints Row: The Third Remaster, are you getting it?

I'm been looking at the game updated visuals and I like most of the updated faces and lighting, but I'm just not convinced it's worth $40 to buy the game all over again since I already have it on Steam with most of the DLC (Just missing one). Maybe I'll wait till it's price drops to a more justifiable price for me to buy it. That being said, I was wonder what you guys think and if are planning getting the game.

Edit: Digital Foundry just uploaded their analysis on it, just in case anyone wants to see a good comparison between the original and the remastered version.
    Take my money!
    13.33%
    Ew... I'll pass.
    20.00%
    I'm good, the old one still holds up.
    13.33%
    I'll wait till it's on sale.
    26.67%
    Sorry, but I'm allergic to the Epic Store.
    26.67%
    Last edited by Hyperweasle; 05-23-2020, 04:05 AM.
    I got my health...... still waiting for my wealth.

I can wait for the "Remastered" to go on sale on Steam.

I already have the original version and all the DLC in my backlog.
    Exclusively Games, the Fallout 76 of game forums.

Steam: old_Navy_twidget

Comment

• Necromancerx69
      Necromancerx69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same, even if I love Saints Row 3, I am in no rush to get the remastered.

It's the same with a different coat of paint, not to mention I am swimming in games I have yet to play.

I have the original so I'm not going to buy the remaster.
    I don't see why they can't give it to people that have the original for free, like Mafia 2 and 3.
    ​​​​

Comment

• Hyperweasle
      Hyperweasle commented
      Editing a comment
      We'll see, however it might be because of the Epic Store timed exclusive. Not sure if the Epic Store had the previous version on there, I honestly can't remember.

• Irritablesquid
      Irritablesquid commented
      Editing a comment
      I would rather they had remastered or remade Saints Row 1 and 2.
      Saints Row 2 runs like aids on PC and as far as I'm aware Saints Row isn't on PC, though I haven't done any serious looking.
      I loved the Saints Row series and thought the first 3 games were great.

I have to admit I haven't bought anything off of the Epic Store, I just take their free games which I think is great at the moment.

I don't know, I haven't played a Saints Row game since before III originally came out. Never picked up III for whatever reason, might not do it again. Depends on the general consensus of people playing it, as in whether or not it's better than the original.

Comment

Never played the original. Didn't really appeal to me.

The visuals look nice in the DF video and maybe I'm in the mood for it now, but I'd like to wait and see how it shapes up on the next gen consoles, since they're not too far off.
      Last edited by Dub-Z; 05-23-2020, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Saints row is one of the more overrated games. It's not terrible, but it is a mixed bag of some great ideas and a ton of terribly implemented elements.

I don't think I'd revisit the game even if it was not an exclusive.
        Click here for all my game reviews. | Click here for my PC hardware history from 1991
        Games purchased on EGS: 0 | Free games redeemed on EGS: 0

Comment

Although I adore GTA games I don't see the appeal for saint's row as they are too much over the top for my taste (it is not like GTA ones are not over the top to start with lol)

Comment

• Balta666
            Balta666 commented
            Editing a comment
            twidget I am pretty sure it is saint's row 2

• Hyperweasle
            Hyperweasle commented
            Editing a comment
            twidget Saints Row 2, just played it today and I just realized again how terrible it really is. 40-20 fps, stutters and no mouse support for menus.
            Last edited by Hyperweasle; 05-25-2020, 11:58 PM.

• twidget
            twidget commented
            Editing a comment
            My thanks to both y'all.

If you have it on GoG there is no reason to buy it anywhere else, especially the worthless Epic Game Store.

Comment

Working...
          X