‘Gestalt: Steam & Cinder’ Releasing in 2020
- Releasing on current consoles and PC.
- Will be playable at PAX East.
- An RPG inspired by 16 and 32-bit classics.
Developer Metamorphosis Games and publisher Sold Out have announced that their action adventure RPG Gestalt: Steam & Cinder will release sometime in 2020 on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. Should you find yourself at PAX East, which runs from the 27th of February to the 1st of March, Gestalt: Steam & Cinder will be playable.
Gestalt: Steam & Cinder aims to provide players with 2D platforming and challenging combat. You’ll have a narrative that’s full of twists and turns, and it takes place in a handcrafted steampunk world that finds its inspiration from classic 16 and 32-bit titles.
Players will join Aletheia and a cast of characters that are full of personality. You’ll get to discover and explore the massive Steam-powered city of Canaan, which happens to be the last bastion of mankind. There are old conspiracies that have lasted for centuries to unravel, and tons of enemies to battle against. It’s up to you to fight for mankind’s survival, and discover the dark truth of Canaan, while enjoying classic RPG gameplay. Other features are as follows:
- Nuanced Combat System – Unleash Aletheia’s inner power, grow stronger, and engage in deep and varied combat, mastering a vast range of melee combos and ranged revolver attacks in uncompromising action.
- Riveting Narrative – Encounter a vibrant cast of characters and explore Canaan’s districts in an intertwining narrative filled with conspiracy-laden intrigue, NPCs, optional side quests, and choice-driven dialogue.
- Mesmerizing Art – Traverse a vast and stunningly handcrafted steampunk world, from the thriving city streets of Irkalla to the sprawling Scrap Sea, all embellished with spectacular animations and gorgeous backdrops.
- Grow Your Skills – Gain experience and craft new abilities to tap into the mysterious power dwelling within Aletheia as you discover new areas, smash through secret paths and take on the Steam City’s toughest enemies.
- Shape Your Fate – Make decisions that will shape the fates of Aletheia and other characters you’ll meet along your journey.
Are you excited for Gestalt: Steam & Cinder? Will you be picking this title up? For those who’ve been waiting for this title, how do you feel about the name change? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Cowboy Yakuza, Pumpkin Jack, and Backbone. To stay up to date on Gestalt: Steam & Cinder, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter and their official website.