‘Halo Reach’ Finally Reaches PC
- The best Halo title on the Xbox 360 finally comes to PC.
- That statement will in no way getting people debating what Halo is best.
- Halo Reach releases today, the rest of the Master Chief Collection at later dates.
The best Halo experience has finally made its way home to where it belongs, on PC, in the form of Halo Reach. That’s an interesting thing about Halo in particular, it’s given us such a wide variety of an FPS experience over the years that nearly everyone will have a different opinion on what the peak of the series was. I wish the same could be said for the low points of the series, but for everyone who has played Halo 5: Guardians, we know what the lowest point was.
Halo: Reach is well-traveled ground for almost anyone who owned an Xbox 360 during its heyday but for those of you who haven’t gotten to experience it yet let me break it down for you, and why you’d do yourself a favor to jump in now. The game is a prequel to the entire series, before Master Chief was kicking alien butts across the stars there was Noble Team, a group of Spartan supersoldiers banded together during the siege of the human colony of Reach.
Given the path of the series, players enter the game knowing full well that this is the final stand not just for the colony but for all the Spartans of Noble Team as they make the Covenant threat bleed for every inch of ground they take. While the player character Noble Six feels like an even blanker slate than Master Chief does at times, the rest of Noble Team offer some of the most memorable characters in the entirety of the franchise, almost all of which get their moment to shine in the spotlight of glory. The anticipation lead to the Master Chief Collection being the number one selling game on Steam at the time of writing this as players eagerly dive in. Of course, the campaign may be pulling people in but a great number are already flocking to Halo: Reach’s online component to either get back into practice, or to jump into the game for the first time. Here’s a description of the game from Steam:
- PC Settings/Optimizations: Halo: Reach is now optimized for PC and looking better than ever at up to 4k UHD and at least 60 FPS.** Other PC native settings include mouse and keyboard support, ultrawide support, adaptive sync support, FOV customization, and more.
- Campaign: Experience the first chapter in the Halo Saga and fight your way as Noble Six through 11 unforgettable missions
- Multiplayer: Start your Spartan Career today with Halo: Reach’s iconic multiplayer featuring an overhauled progression system, generation-defining player customization, over 20 unforgettable maps, as well as classic game modes such as Firefight and Invasion. While Forge and Theater will be delivered later in 2020, enjoy access to millions of community-created maps and game types that have been migrated over from Halo: Reach on Xbox 360 for use today on PC.
- Firefight: Fight alone or with squad mates to survive against endless waves of enemies deploying with ever-increasing difficulty.
The rest of the Master Chief Collection will begin hitting Steam and the Microsoft Store in early 2020, going in chronological order of the games so from here on out you’ll experience Halo through Halo 4 in order of their places in the timeline. If you want to play Halo Reach you can pick the collection up today for $39.99 at either location.