‘Hokko Life’ Coming to Steam Early Access
- Expected to release sometime in 2020.
- A PC competitor to Nintendo’s Animal Crossing.
- Create items, and decorate an entire town.
Developer Robert Tatnell has announced his indie adventure simulation RPG Hokko Life for PC via Steam Early Access. Hokko Life will have you hop off a train and into your new life in the village of Hokko. It’s here that you’ll take over the old workshop, and begin to creatively craft materials. Hokko Life will allow you to craft your town with creative freedom.
Hokko Life has been designed to be a cozy, stress-free, simulation title. This quiet village is in desperate need of your help. It’s up to you to transform the town into a charming rural locale that everyone will love. It won’t take long for you to settle into your home, and quickly begin to unleash your creativity upon the community. With things like hammer and paint in your hands, it’ll be up to you to design, build, and decorate homes for all your new friends.
The dusty old workshop will allow you to craft materials, and combine them in any way you can imagine. Players will be able to allow those creative juices to flow, as they craft unique furniture, and other items to decorate towns and rooms. If you want to collect flowers, mix paint colors, and use them as wallpapers, flooring, or clothing, you can. The developers are attempting to provide as many tools and options as possible to players, with the intention that everyone’s town will be different. Other features are as follows:
- Craft: Head to the forest or the abandoned mine to chop; mine, and dig for resources. Take what you’ve collected back to town and craft them into materials you can use in your own designs.
- Design: Gather your materials and head into the workshop to put your own spin on every item in the game. Use the design table to build your own furniture, combining different shapes and materials in a simple but powerful editor.
- Paint: Pop on your overall, get out those brushes and throw some color down. You can design wallpaper, flooring and even T-Shirts for you and the villagers to wear. Get everyone in town wearing your own unique designs!
- Build: Enlist the help of the resident builder and start expanding the town. Place buildings wherever you like and get them ready for new villagers to move to town.
- Decorate: Customize the interior and exterior of any home, choose designs and place furniture to make a home your new friends will love.
- Farm: Turn any plot of land into a place to grow vegetables and other plants, use your green fingers to grow and sell the best produce.
- Fish: Spend a quiet morning at the various fishing spots around the world of Hokko and build your fishing collection. Fish have unique habits, so you’ll need to vary your approach, with each catch providing it’s own challenge when you reel in.
- Bug Hunt: Fluttering and scuttling about the world of Hokko you’ll find a whole range of insects for you to catch and build your collection with; keep an eye out, you never know what might be hiding in that bush!
Are you excited to create your town in Hokko Life? Do you think it’ll contend with Animal Crossing? What would you like to see this title do differently? To stay up to date on Hokko Life, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Discord, and their official website.