‘Mayhem in Single Valley’ Coming to Steam in 2020
- An action adventure RPG.
- Filled with puzzles and emotional narrative.
- With J.J. Abrams-esque secret stuff.
Developer Fluxscopic and publisher tinyBuild Games have announced that their action adventure RPG title Mayhem in Single Valley is expected to release on PC via Steam sometime in 2020. Enjoy a tale about a local troublemaker, and his voyage of self-discovery.
Mayhem in Single Valley is a top-down action adventure title with a charming art style and retro inspired soundtrack. The story follows Jack, on the day this rebellious kid is supposed to leave home to start a new life in the city, and he makes a series of earth shattering discoveries. It’s up to players to ensure that Jack survives. Mayhem in Single Valley places an emphasis on family, and everyday struggles. Enjoy the titles combat and puzzles, which are combined with the story to provide players with an emotional gameplay experience.
Mayhem in Single Valley is meant to be a microcosm if everyday life, with normal fears and paranoia taken to a whole new level. The developers want players to imagine a town where the craziest news stories happen regularly. Nothing is ever in your favor, such as the odds of getting struck by lightning or attacked by misinformed townsfolk. Other features are as follows:
- An in-depth story with weird and wonderful fleshed-out characters.
- Lots of level-up items, Easter eggs, and mini games.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Throw in any direction as you run for your life.
- Portable cassette player based soundtrack. You decide what music you’d like to accompany your battles.
- The river has a current, anything that falls in will float downstream.
- Your bag is your inventory, drop it if you want to swim across the river.
- Crazed animals will chase you between levels. Shake them off if you want to survive.
- Everything is modular, use NPCs like items, discard your cassette player/soundtrack, throw a fish enemy to distract a hungry bear.
- Dynamic lighting and shadows… are those poisoned rats’ eyes I see glowing in the dark.
- Enemies and characters have multiple desires and fears. Squirrels are afraid of bears. Wake a bear, get him to chase you, to clear an escape route of nutty critters.
- Lots of J.J. Abrams-esque secret stuff I can’t speak about right now.
Are you excited for Mayhem in Single Valley? Will you be picking it up? Any similar titles you would recommend? To stay up to date on Mayhem in Single Valley, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and their official website.