‘Missile Command: Recharged’ Releasing This Month
- Pick it up on May 27th.
- Coming to Nintendo Switch, Steam, and the Epic Games Store.
- Mobile versions released in March.
Developer Nickervision Studios and publisher Atari have announced that their upcoming action arcade title Missile Command: Recharged will release on the 27th of May on Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store. Nintendo Switch owners will need 95 MB, and it will support TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, and Handheld Mode. This title is a reimagining of the 1980s Missile Command: Recharged that originally released back in March of this year on iOS via the Apple Arcade Store and Android via the Google Play Store.
Missile Command: Recharged aims to reimagine the beloved classic. Players will find a fast-paced arcade action title where players must defend their bases by firing off a seemingly endless barrage of missiles while flying in the sky. There are counter missiles to take advantage of, to protect your base, and to target power ups to gain an edge at critical moments. Missile Command: Recharged aims to tug at the nostalgic heart strings of players who have fond memories of playing classic entries in the series, while also providing new players with an experience they won’t be able to put down. Other features are as follows:
- Powered-Up: Don’t just target missiles—take aim at all-new power-ups to survive longer with defensive measures, silo repair, or a screen-clearing special blast.
- Upgraded: New power-up system takes points earned and allows them to be used to upgrade all aspects of gameplay to get an edge and achieve the highest scores.
- Shoot for the Clouds: Compete in global online leaderboards and aim to claim bragging rights as the top missile commander.
- Achievements: Better yourself with each game played and work towards besting the toughest challenges!
- Get Augmented: Use the new augmented reality feature to project your gameplay to a virtual arcade cabinet and take your missile destruction to new heights!
Are you excited for Missile Command: Recharged? Will you be picking it on Nintendo Switch or PC? For those who’ve played it on mobile, would you recommend it? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out MindSeize, Frozen Flame, and The Uncertain: Light at the End. To stay up to date on Missile Command: Recharged, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, YouTube, Discord, and their official website.