New 3D Platformer ‘Clive ‘N’ Wrench’ Announced
- Expected to release at the end of the year.
- Coming to Nintendo Switch and Steam.
- Inspired by Jak & Daxter and Spyro the Dragon.
Developer Dinosaur Bytes and publisher Numskull Games have announced that their action adventure 3D platformer Clive ‘N’ Wrench will release sometime at the end of the year on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam. Players will follow the adventure of a rabbit named Clive and a monkey that hangs on his back named Wrench. A special thank you to Gematsu for covering the information first.
Clive ‘N’ Wrench finds inspiration from classic titles, such as Spyro the Dragon and Jak & Daxter. The duo players control will be able to jump, roll, hover, and spin across multiple different and wacky worlds. The story follows these two unlikely heroes as they travel through space and time in a 1950’s fridge. Their goal is to undo Clive’s cousin Nancy’s mistake, as well as stop the evil tyrant Dr. Daucus. Some of the locations you’ll visit are prehistoric ice age in Iceceratops, through ancient Egypt in the Tempus Tombs, and all the way through to the old west in The Chimp, The Bag, and the Bunny. Other features are as follows:
- Time-Bending Story – Clive, a rabbit, and Wrench, the literal monkey on his back, adventure through time and space in a 1950s fridge, all on a quest to undo Clive’s cousin Nancy’s mistake and ultimately thwart the tyrannical Dr. Daucus. A colorful cast of characters, both from the modern day and throughout time, await you on your journey!
- Space-Defying Locations – Clive ‘N’ Wrench features 11 distinct levels as well as boss battles and a hub world. Your adventure will take your all the way from the prehistoric ice age in Iceceratops, through ancient Egypt in Tempus Tombs, and even all the way through to the old west in The Chimp, The Bag, and the Bunny.
- Tight Moveset – A platformer is only as strong as its moveset, which is why a huge amount of time and effort has been put into both the feel and animation of each move in Clive and Wrench’s diverse moveset. Tailored for both experienced players and newcomers alike, every action you perform will feel tight and precise.
- A Work of Passion – Mostly developed solely by creator and lead developer Rob Wass in his spare time since 2011, Clive ‘N’ Wrench is a real work of passion from a genuine fan of the genre – we can’t wait for you to play it this year!
Are you excited for Clive ‘N’ Wrench? Do you enjoy 3D platformers? What other 3D adventure platformers are you looking forward to? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Treachery in Beatdown City, Exit the Gungeon, and The Signifier. To stay up to date on Clive ‘N’ Wrench, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Discord, and their official website.