New ‘Desperados III’ Trailer Dives Into the Prequel
- Experience the origins of John Cooper.
- Trailer provides a deep dive into the gameplay and characters.
- Available June 16th.
When you think about the wild west, outlaws, and facing off with rivals and lawmen you’re likely to think of the Red Dead series. You’re not at fault for that, big names with a big impact on gaming will often jump to mind first. For fans of tactical games however, a different name may jump to mind in the form of the Desperados series.
With Desperados III just around the corner ready to cause havoc through the old west once again, what more fitting way to keep old fans excited and lasso in some potential new ones than with a deep dive trailer? Below you will find just that, detailing the wild prequel’s characters and gameplay with just enough shown to get you interested.
It looks like things are shaping up pretty well so far. A variety of tactics makes the game more accessible to those with different styles of play. Hunker down and prepare to ambush, using the element of surprise to spring an attack to kickoff a firefight. Or you could decide to make your group a band of clandestine cowboys, causing accidents and utilizing stealth to achieve your ends; by the time they realize that you’re there, they’re as good as dead.
If you’ve never played Desperados before, Desperados III is a prequel so what better place to start than here? Follow John Cooper and the gang through the adventure that started it all:
- Play five unique characters, each with a very particular set of skills
- Experience true freedom of choice with countless different ways to overcome any obstacle
- Defeat large groups of enemies with careful planning and execution
- Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios like frontier towns, mysterious swamps, sprawling modern cities, and many more
- Choose between non-lethal and deadly attacks, stealth and blazing guns
- Adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replay challenges
- The Showdown mode allows you to pause the game anytime and react to ambushes or surprise attacks
Desperados III lands on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on June 16th. Will you be joining John Cooper and company as they take on the perils of the old west?