‘One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows’ Beta Announced and New Trailer
- Closed Beta with sign ups required.
- 3v3 fighting game based on popular anime.
- Full game releasing sometime in 2020.
Bandai Namco announced earlier this year that popular anime One Punch Man would be getting a video game adaption in 2020 developed by Spike Chunsoft. With the next year quickly approaching, it’s now been announced that November will host the game’s beta. One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows will be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. The closed beta times are as follows for Xbox One and PlayStation 4:
- Session 1 – November 1 at 3:00 a.m. PT / 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. PT / 8:00 a.m. ET
- Session 2 – November 1 at 11:00 a.m. PT / November 2 from 2:00 a.m. ET to November 2 at 1:00 a.m. PT / 4:00 a.m. ET
- Session 3 – November 2 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET to 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m ET
- Session 4 – November 3 at 2:00 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. ET to 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m ET
If you’re unfamiliar with One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows, it’s an upcoming fighting game based off of the highly popular anime and manga, One Punch Man. It takes place in a world where threats are a daily occurrence, and the only thing protecting the world and the people in it are superheroes. The strongest hero on the planet, Saitama, can destroy enemies with one punch, and despite having this much power, it annoys him. So far the only other characters confirmed are: Genos, Fubuki, Mumen Rider, Sonic,Terrible Tornado, Silverfang, Atomic Samurai, and Saitama.
A Hero Nobody Knows primary features 3v3 battles where players can form teams based on the show’s heroes and antagonists. There is also a mechanic where you’ll play as two heros and have to survive against an enemy until Saitama arrives. A display will show at the corner of the screen with how far he is and the distance lessens until he arrives. This leaves you at a disadvantage but if you can survive until he arrives, one punch from Saitama ends the match. You can help Saitama arrive faster if you can land combos and perfect guards.