‘Quantum League’ Beta Starts This Weekend
- Beta will run from February 21st to March 1st.
- Will be free to play when it releases.
- Wishlist it now on Steam.
Developer Nimble Giant Entertainment has announced that their first-person time paradox shooter Quantum League will have an open beta on the 21st of February through the 2nd of March on PC via Steam. Quantum League has been described as a competitive online shooter where players battle in a time loop, tactically teaming up with their past and future selves in 1v1 and 2v2 matches.
Nimble Giant Entertainment describes Quantum League as an innovative shooter, one that centers around an alternative timeline in which the universe has discovered time travel, and this has revolutionized the face of professional sports. The Quantum League is a heavily weaponized team-based shooting sport, one that now dominates the globe. You are a Quantum Athlete, special participants who compete in uniquely designed arenas where agility, speed, and skill will only get you so far. The ability to tactically play with your past and future selves is a must, and the key to victory.
Gameplay in Quantum League is dynamic and fast-moving, players will need to take advantage of the arena. The keys to victory, are knowing where you were, and where you want to be to make the final winning shot. The tide of battle can turn at any moment, players need to strategically out maneuver, and out think, their opponents.The Beta version is limited to the following features:
- 1v1 mode: Quantum Arena and Overpass arenas
- 2v2 mode: Quantum Stadium arenas
- Pick between 4 characters
- Progress and unlocks will be carried over to the main game once it releases
- Use your agility, speed and strategic clone teamwork to outsmart your opponent and rise to the top of the league!
- Carefully designed arenas with a time loop feature that rewinds and revives you.
The more recent January update added some of the following tutorial/practice features that’ll help players familiarize themselves with Quantum League’s gameplay:
- “Training” button added to the main menu
- First-time tutorial flow (skippable)
- Interactive tutorial and videos
- Shooting range level: play without a time loop in a dedicated level and test out all weapons
- Practice grounds prototype: play a capture point mode against harmless dummy bots
- Contextual gameplay hints which will slide in from the right (on by default)
- An setting to disable said hints in the Options menu 😉
Are you excited for Quantum League? Do you think it has the potential to be the next big multiplayer shooter? If you play something like Overwatch, are you interested in this? What about Bleeding Edge? To stay up to date on Quantum League, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Discord, and their official website.