‘realMyst: Masterpiece Edition’ Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Will release on the Nintendo eShop on May 28th.
- A special sale price is in effect until June.
- Available on PC and Android.
Developer Cyan Worlds took to Twitter to announce that their indie adventure title realMyst: Masterpiece Edition will release on the 28th of May on Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop. Preordering opens on the 14th of May, and through the 4th of June there will be a limited time sale price of $15.99. realMyst: Masterpiece Edition originally released back in February of 2014 on PC via Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store. The title is also available on Mac PCs via the Apple App Store, as well as on iOS devices, and Android via the Google Play Store.
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition is a celebration of the 20th anniversary of the original Myst that was available on Mac and Windows computers many years ago. Those who played the original release will find that this new version will feature the world having been reconstructed and enhanced. Water is now more realistic, dynamic weather changing, upgraded lighting engine, life-like foliage, bloom, updated camera effects, and much more. The title has had its interface redesigned to make for a more enjoyable experience for both novice and veteran players. You now have the option to explore anywhere, unfettered, and in real-time. Players will pick their path through the forest on Myst Island, and begin their journey.
The developers have added the option, for those who feel too overwhelmed by modern 3D titles, to use the original’s simple point and click mechanics. Players will hover over where they want to go, click the mouse, and seamlessly proceed to new locations. As a tribute to the original, players can access the original Myst images when they play in the Classic Mode. By holding down the shift key, you’ll be able to go back and forth and see the difference between the past and present. New features have been added to enhance and assist players in their journey. Other features are as follows:
- All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age.
- Full Myst gameplay and interaction.
- Dynamic environments – rippling water, falling rain, waving trees, and grass.
- Advanced graphic effects like bloom, blur, depth of field, etc.
- Day and night – watch sunsets and sunrises, or explore at night.
- Flashlight – for exploring dark nights or dark corners.
- Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds.
- Classic Point-and-Click navigation option – just like original Myst.
- Free roam interface option – standard navigation controls.
- Zip Mode in classic navigation – hold down to keep walking.
- Auto quality option – checks your frame rate and auto-adjust your quality.
- Interactive Guides – illustrates how to interact with objects.
- Bring up original Myst images to compare and reminisce.
- Bookmark feature to save and restore progress.
- Auto-save to insure you pick up where you left off.
- realMyst Hint Guide – get past that one puzzle that’s got you stumped.
Are you excited for realMyst: Masterpiece Edition? Will you be picking it up? For those who’ve played it on other platforms, would you recommend it? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Anthology of Fear, Waking, and Hunter’s Arena: Legends. To stay up to date on realMyst: Masterpiece Edition, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Discord, Twitch, YouTube, and their official website.