‘Riverbond’ Coming to Nintendo Switch in December
- Arriving December 10th.
- New update on the same day.
- Spelunky crossover skin.
Developer Cococucumber has announced that the Nintendo Switch version of Riverbond will release on the 10th of December for $24.99. There will also be a free update for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC that adds a new world and a Spelunky crossover skin. The new Crystalwatch level add a colorful fantasy world featuring fearsome lizard enemies and peaceful badger monks.
Riverbond is designed to be a fun and frantic couch co-op adventure. Play with up to four players in a voxel world. Team up to fight adorable enemies and smash everything into tiny cubes. Complete missions to become the legendary heroes of Riverbond. Watching the trailer, I love the beautiful chaos shown. Some of the features are as follows:
- Classic Single Player or Chaotic Couch Co-op! – Whether in single player or taking it up a notch in chaotic couch co-op, you can play this epic adventure your way. With drop-in, drop-out couch co-op, everyone wins together!
- Cubic Combat and Awesome Voxel Destruction – With a selection of fast and responsive weapons, wreaking havoc on everything is always satisfying. Topple massive towers with a swoosh of your sword, get trigger happy on mobs of enemies, and explode environments into colorful bursts of voxel goodness!
- Play alone or with Friends – Riverbond is fully playable in single-player or with up to four players in a drop-in / drop-out couch co-op.
- Cute Characters and Deadly Bosses – Meet charming characters, make unexpected allies, and battle with cute (but deadly!) bosses. Choose from over 50 weapons to suit your play style and triumph over evil. Cue epic adventure music!
Follow a tale about a Knight that has imprisoned the leaders of the Eight Worlds. The Knight has begun to cause chaos, droughts, and disarray. Together with your friends, you’ll adventure to defeat this evil, and save the citizens of Riverbond. Unlock new weapons, equip new skins, and activate power-ups. If you’re looking for a great party game, you’ll find one in Riverbond.
Would you recommend Riverbond? Nintendo Switch owners, are you excited? What’s another great game in this genre? To stay up to date, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and their official website.