‘The Vagrant’ Coming to Nintendo Switch
- A metroidvania RPG.
- Currently available on Steam.
- Fight across six levels against over 70 enemies.
Developer O.T.K Games and publisher Rainy Frog have announced that their 2D action adventure Metroidvania RPG The Vagrant will release on Nintendo Switch. No release date or window was given. The Vagrant originally released back in July of 2013 on PC via Steam. A special thank you to Gematsu for translating and covering the information first.
In The Vagrant, players will play as Vivian the Vagrant in a journey across a hand painted fantasy world known as Mythrilia. As you move across this beautiful land, you’re on a quest to discover the truth about your bloodline and its dark secrets. Vivian is known as a traveling sellsword, and she follows her lost father’s research, looking for a way to reunite with her family. Players will get to see many different locations, such as mysterious forests, haunted castles, and wrecked battlegrounds. There are many enemies to fight against, and your hack and slash mechanics will serve you well.
Gameplay in The Vagrant is designed to be both exciting, and challenging. On this adventure that focuses on combat that uses combo chains, charge attacks, and special skills, you’ll slowly learn to master these mechanics, and over the course of your journey you’ll be able to improve your character’s build by getting new equipment and adjusting your abilities. Players will have the option to play casually, or to become a master of the gameplay and its mechanics. Other features are as follows:
- Hand-painted, traditionally animated characters.
- Flawless, hardcore action combat.
- Over 70 deadly and dangerous monsters and beasts.
- Six massive level sets, all beautifully hand painted.
- Multiple weapons, armors, and accessories to loot, purchase, and discover.
- A large-scaled skill set to enhance character builds for immersive and intense gameplay.
- Craft and enchant your equipment to improve your combat performance.Use various offensive skills to destroy your enemy. Evolve the skills with elemental
- Multiple endings to make your adventure even more unpredictable.
- 10-plus challenging Boss monster with intuitive AI and battle mechanics. Challenging even for the most advanced players.
- Monsterpedia that allows you to collect data on the monsters as you defeat them.
- Fast travel to previously visited areas to re-challenge or grind.
- Exciting and emotionally driven musical score by Gabe Castro.
- Rich and intriguing storyline development.
- Four difficulties ranging from casual play to hardcore fighting, each with the full gameplay experiences.
Are you excited for The Vagrant? Did you play it on Steam? If so, would you recommend it? What other Metroidvania titles are you looking forward to? I can’t wait for Hollow Knight: Silksong to release. For other upcoming indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Bushiden, Sky: Children of the Light, and Lucen. To stay up to date on The Vagrant, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Discord, and their official website.