‘Warframe: Empyrean,’ Intro Cinematic and Gameplay Demo
- Siege and steal enemy ships.
- Pilot ships, man gun turrets, or repel boarding parties on foot.
- Gather resources to upgrade your ships and gear.
This year’s TennoCon gave brought Warframe an intro cinematic some six year’s after the game’s initial release. Seen above, this six minute video was actually directed by Dan Trachtenberg, the same guy who directed 10 Cloverfield Lane, a movie for which John Goodman probably deserves some kind of award, and one that I will never watch again so long as I live.
The main even of of TennoCon, however, was the 44 minute gameplay demo that I will include below. Also below are some of the upcoming features that were showcased in this demo:
Enlist a four-player crew to hijack, scavenge and sabotage across the Origin System. Contact ground teams for support, steal enemy ships, explore ancient ruins, assassinate kingpins and get rewarded for your missions into deep space.
• Siege and Steal Enemy Ships: Infiltrate opponent ships using Archwings, kill the captain and take the helm of their ship! It’s time to become a swashbuckling space ninja, Tenno.
• Dynamic Situations: During your missions, you’ll need to take into account additional hazards to complete your mission successfully. The TennoLive demo showed off Void Storms that can disable equipment, boarding parties that can breach your Railjack and an Infested ambush deep within an ancient Orokin ruin.
• Signal the Squad Link: Transcend beyond your solo objective and tap into a larger mission by reaching out to other squads of Tenno using the Squad Link. In multi-objective missions from space, players can call up active players on Fortuna or Plains of Eidolon (or vice versa) to help the bigger cause — lower enemy ship shields, steal valuable data, and more, as the New War looms.
• Customize and Upgrade Everything: The Drydock is your Railjack’s personal space hangar. Upgrade your battleship’s Equipment, Cosmetic, and Reinforcements with weapons such as the Auto-Cannon, Pulse Laser, Homing Missile Launcher, EMP Stun weapons, and Decoy Countermeasures. Boost your Shields, Engine, Hull and Stealth using resources found during your voyages. Beautify it all by customizing aesthetics from primary, secondary and tertiary colors and accents. And of course, christen your ship with a custom name emblazoned on the Railjack’s hull.
The exact release date for Empyrean is unknown at this time, but you can check out the official site for the full reveal info, which contains several more videos.