‘Wattam’ Arriving in December
- Available on December 17th.
- PC version is currently only through The Epic Games Store.
- From the creators of Katamari Damacy.
Developer Funomena and publisher Annapurna Interactive have announced that Wattam will be releasing on PlayStation 4 and PC via The Epic Games Store on the 17th of December. With over four years of development and a trailer in September’s State of Play event, we’ll finally get our hands on this weird title.
Wattam comes from the same developers that brought us Noby Noby Boy and Katamari Damacy. There was a huge explosion years ago that blasted the world of Wattam across the galaxy and into existence. It’s up to you to help the mayor build stacks and chains. You’ll do so with the help of characters like Sushi, Flower, Cloud, and Poop. Creating joyful and colorful explosions is the only way to guide Wattam back home.
Wattam is presented as a carefree experience with characters not concerned about anything, and you’ll meet over 100 of them. The bright colors and relaxed environment give the impression that this is perfect for playing to relax. Watching the trailer, it’s instantly apparent that fun has been the priority. The mayor loves creating colorful explosions, and the more joyful the explosion and the more characters will come out to play. The developers claim you’ll have a blast meeting this varied cast.
Each character you meet has their own origins to discover, and you’ll work together to solve bizarre puzzles. There are special events you can celebrate, and the developers want you to explore your imagination to its fullest. Other features are as follows:
- The connections you form open a treasure chest of possibilities—playing, switching, stacking, climbing, chasing, floating, exploding, and / or dancing all in the name of fun.
- The Mayor invites you to explore the colorful world of Wattam and bond with over 100 unique and carefree characters.
- Discover what’s possible when you abandon all preconceived notions about what it means to play in games.
- Each character in Wattam has their own unique melody. Characters can also chain together to create whimsical mashups.
If you purchase from now until the 17th of December, you’ll get it at a discount of $16.99. Are you sold on Wattam? Will you be picking it up? What platform? To stay up to date on Wattam, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and their official website.