‘Wingspan’ Also Releasing on Nintendo Switch
- Arriving on Switch in the Summer, and Steam in the Spring.
- As of now, a digital only release.
- Winner of the prestigious 2019 Kennerspiel des Jahres board game award
Developer Monster Couch, with Stonemaier Games, have announced that their upcoming relaxing board card game Wingspan will release on Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop this Summer. Originally, Wingspan was only confirmed to be releasing on PC via Steam this Spring. The title allows for up to five players in this award winning strategy title.
In Wingspan, players are put in the roles of bird enthusiasts, researchers, bird watchers, ornithologists, and collectors. It’s your goal to discover and attract the best birds available for your wildlife preserves. Each bird will bring with it an extension of powerful chains of combinations in each of your habitats, each of which will focus on a key aspect of growth in your preserves.
Wingspan allows for up to five players to compete in building up their nature preserves within a limited amount of turns. Every time a player manages to get one of these exotic and beautiful fowls into their preserves, they’ll be better at laying eggs, drawing cards, and/or gathering food. There are 179 different birds for you to attain, and each one emulates their real life attributes. Hawks will hunt, pelicans will fish, and the geese will form flocks. Other features are as follows:
- Relaxing strategy card game where your goal is to discover and attract the best birds.
- Single-player and multiplayer modes for up to five players.
- Based on the award winning, competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game.
- Hundreds of unique, animated birds with their real life sound recordings.
- Multiple ways to accumulate points with birds, bonus cards and end-of-round goals.
- The officially licensed digital adaptation of Wingspan, the winner of the prestigious 2019 Kennerspiel des Jahres board game award.
Are you excited for Wingspan? Are you interested in the Nintendo Switch version? What other board games would you like to see adapted into video games? For other indie titles to keep an eye on, make sure to check out Sea of Stars, Exit the Gungeon, and Neon City Riders. To stay up to date on Wingspan, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and their official YouTube channel.