‘Wintermoor Tactics Club’ Coming This Spring
- Expected to release sometime this Spring.
- Coming to consoles and Steam.
- A tactical RPG with visual novel storytelling.
Developer EVC and publisher Versus Evil have announced that their strategy adventure RPG Wintermoor Tactics Club will release this Spring on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. Wintermoor Tactics Club has been described as a story about surviving high school with gameplay elements inspired by tactical RPGs, and with storytelling techniques found in visual novels. Wintermoor Tactics Club is the recipient of several awards in 2019, being shown off at PAX East, GDC 2019, and SXSW. If you’ve seen the title, or played it, at these events, what were your impressions?
The story of Wintermoor Tactics Club follows Alicia, a girl who’s having difficulties making friends at the prestigious Wintermoor Academy. Taking place right before the entire school erupts into a snowball tournament, Alicia and her small Tactics Club aim to transform their nerdy selves into the heroes they play in their tabletop campaign. Should they fail, they’ll disband forever.
Wintermoor Tactics Club will allow players to discover the sinister truth behind the War of the Clubs, as they move forward in this tactical RPG. There is a large cast of strange and colorful characters for players to meet, fight, and become friends with. If you’re looking for a title to test your strategic mettle, Wintermoor Tactics Club is more than willing to give you that challenge. Other features are as follows:
- Unlock your Potential: Discover the power of seven playable characters and dozens of unlockable upgrades across more than 40 battles.
- Explore the School: Get to know Wintermoor in visual novel-inspired gameplay. Break down the walls between high school cliques such as Psychic Detectives and Young Monarchists.
- Make New Friends: Write tabletop campaigns to help students overcome their personal problems, and discover their fantasy selves as your club grows.
Are you excited for Wintermoor Tactics Club? Does the concept catch your interest? What would you like to see from this title in the future? For other school-based titles, make sure to check out The Academy and Broomstick League. To stay up to date on Wintermoor Tactics Club, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Tumblr, and their official website.