Wizard Sports Title ‘Broomstick League’ Entering Steam Early Access in March
- Begin playing on March 5th.
- Competitive 3v3 sports title.
- Wizards, wands, and tons of customization.
Developer Virtual Basement LLC, along with Code Headquarters LLC and Blue Isle Studios, and publisher Blue Isle Publishing have announced that their wizard sports title Broomstick League will be coming to Steam Early Access on the 5th of March. This competitive sports title that has wizards scoring goals on broomsticks is expected to release sometime in 2020.
Broomstick League has been designed to be a fast-paced, high flying, online sports title. Players will be divided into teams and fly across the play arena on their trusty broomsticks. The objective is to take control of the ball and rush it through the stadium while outmaneuvering your opponents. The team with the most points at the end will win. Players will find that this sounds oddly familiar to a fictional game that takes place in the multimillion dollar Harry Potter franchise.
Along with your trusty broomstick, each player will have their wand. You’ll need to learn how to be one with your broomstick, to be able to accurately traverse through the sky, and magic will play a role in helping you dodge enemies. If you’ve ever wanted to play football in the air, with broomsticks and magic, this title may scratch that itch. Enjoy the intensity of defending your goal, and the thrills of successfully implementing awe-inspiring plays.
Should the team be more than you expected, you can always use your blast spells to knock the ball out of their hands. Aside from the blast spells, you’ll have access to the blink spell, which will allow you to teleport. With the right strategy, you can open up some interesting scoring opportunities. The developers claim there will be tons of different options, making each game feel different from the last. You’ll also be able to customize your wizard and equip many different unlockable broomsticks, wands, and other magical cosmetics. Other features are as follows:
- Fast Paced Matches: Play 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 matches with friends or match-make with opponents from around the world. Form magical teams with your friends to see who will dominate the skies.
- Realistic, Fantastical Gameplay: Pick up speed while dive bombing to fly past a defender. Cast a spell on your opponent to blast the ball away or use the blink spell and teleport to a more favorable position. Surprise your enemies and gain the advantage.
- Character Customization: Personalize the look of your witch or wizard with the deep pool of creative options available; unlock new broomsticks, wands, and much more. Perform a variety of taunts and dance moves to rattle your opponents in the arena.
- Mystical Arenas: Experience high flying sports action within imaginative arenas brimming with magic! Battle it out with giant trolls lurking in the background or score impressive goals while floating on the back of a flying dragon.
- Player Progression and Stats: Track your progress with leaderboards, stats tracking and a player leveling system to prove you are the most skillful broomstick pilot in the land.
Are you excited for Broomstick League? Will you be jumping in on the Early Access? What would you like to see from the title? I wish they would open it up to more than just 3v3 as the max, I think 6v6 would be much better. I picture it as wizard chaos as everyone rushes for the ball. To stay up to date on Broomstick League, make sure to follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, and their official website.